Elite Dangerous

Anything not Star Citizen
Solaias

Elite Dangerous

Postby Solaias » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:34 am

OK, I have just bought this to scratch that space game itch (haven't even loaded it up yet), and I just want to know if any of you have any advice for a noob?
Last edited by Solaias on Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
SilverlightPony

Re: Elite Dangerous

Postby SilverlightPony » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:43 am

Don't fly without shields, unless you're planning to explore far away from populated space. Some haulers strip the shields off their ships to replace them with extra cargo racks, but if you get attacked without shields, you're pretty much S.O.L. You might, however, be able to get away with a smaller-than-stock shield generator in exchange for more cargo space.

If you want to make money bounty hunting, invest in a kill warrant scanner. Basic info will tell you if a ship is wanted by the faction that controls the current system, but the KWS lets you see all warrants on that ship, regardless of what faction posted them—and you only get credit for the warrants you've scanned before they die.

Lastly, if you have an Oculus Rift, use it with this game. It is AMAZEBALLS.
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:43 pm

Thanks Silver. :)

I just watched a guide that took the shields off to make more room for cargo. Call me cautious, but it set off a big "NOOO!" in my head. lol
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:47 pm

Just sent you a freind request on steam. Not sure if it will be from Solaias or from aragon_speed. Either way, it's from me. :)
SilverlightPony

Postby SilverlightPony » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:39 am

Solaias, I got it. Although, I didn't get Elite through Steam, and don't run it through Steam.
Eris

Postby Eris » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:54 pm

You can use the Steam community features in non-Steam games, you know. There's a feature somewhere in Steam to let you import a non-steam game. It sets up a launcher for the game in your Steam library and lets you access the Steam Community stuff from the game, but it doesn't actually modify the game in any way - you can still play it without Steam just fine.
SilverlightPony

Postby SilverlightPony » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:44 pm

I know. I don't like doing that. I prefer keeping Steam and non-Steam games separate.

Return to “Other Games”