Online database for members assets (ships)

Asset Management and Administration

Moderators: Board, Queen

Captain Glume

Re: Online database for members assets (ships)

Postby Captain Glume » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:54 pm

Batgirl wrote:Do you need anything from us to help this along?

Not at this point. Work has been uncharacteristically busy for this time of year. This is due to a government grant expiring at the end of February. So I expect to have a lot more time during spring.

At this point I need to finish populating the tables of the database and then writing the SQL code. It's not really something someone to help me with since it would take just as much time to explain the structure as it would to build it. Plus, if you have read my "About Me" then you know I'm no longer the quickest coder around. :oops:

I did manage to get quite a bit of stuff done in some of the other areas this weekend so at least a making progress. :)
Mil

Postby Mil » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:25 pm

Unfortunately I got sick over the weekend and I am mostly in bed. Hopefully the situation will get better in the next couple of days, so I be able to finish and deliver the mock-up.
Behold! ... Nah, nevermind.
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:31 pm

Mil wrote:Unfortunately I got sick over the weekend and I am mostly in bed. Hopefully the situation will get better in the next couple of days, so I be able to finish and deliver the mock-up.

No worries :) get better.
Mil

Postby Mil » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:56 pm

After one week of being sick I am finally being able to keep up a social life again. I managed to finalize the mock-up. You can find it under the following link

http://upload.jetlagged.ch/

Be aware that this is just a mock-up, even if I added multiple functionality (like adding, removing entries, generating graphs). It is only of the purpose to demonstrate what might be done. It is probably not free of bugs.
The page uses assets from the forum so that it does look like the container it might be in, in the end.
arcbinder

Postby arcbinder » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:11 am

Mil wrote:After one week of being sick I am finally being able to keep up a social life again. I managed to finalize the mock-up. You can find it under the following link

Be aware that this is just a mock-up, even if I added multiple functionality (like adding, removing entries, generating graphs). It is only of the purpose to demonstrate what might be done. It is probably not free of bugs.
The page uses assets from the forum so that it does look like the container it might be in, in the end.

Looks good. you missed the gladiator and the final version probably shouldn't list the F7A since there is no way to get one yet, but like how the mock-up looks.
Mil

Postby Mil » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:46 pm

arcbinder wrote:
Mil wrote:

Looks good. you missed the gladiator and the final version probably shouldn't list the F7A since there is no way to get one yet, but like how the mock-up looks.

Thanks for your feedback. The Gladiator should be selectable under Drake, imo. But nonetheless the data are mocked as well and would be later defined by the database. I don't even know if my separation of producer, type and variant makes sense or will be represented in the db.
And I really thought there was an upgrade for the F7A.
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:57 pm

It looks great. The Contest is taking up my time right now but it looks like we are thinking along the same lines as what data to hold. I'll get my bit done soon. Eris needs to make us a blank forum page so we can use its authentication system.
Eris

Postby Eris » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:36 pm

Noted. I'll see if I can set up something tonight when I get home from work.
arcbinder

Postby arcbinder » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:42 pm

Mil wrote:
Thanks for your feedback. The Gladiator should be selectable under Drake, imo. But nonetheless the data are mocked as well and would be later defined by the database. I don't even know if my separation of producer, type and variant makes sense or will be represented in the db.
And I really thought there was an upgrade for the F7A.

Oh... yes, it is under drake... I looked under anvil because they make it :D

There is a body kit to make an F7C look like an F7A but there is no actual F7A available.

But yeah, it's a mock-up to see what it'd look like and it looks cool.
Mil

Postby Mil » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:26 pm

arcbinder wrote:Oh... yes, it is under drake... I looked under anvil because they make it :D
There is a body kit to make an F7C look like an F7A but there is no actual F7A available.
But yeah, it's a mock-up to see what it'd look like and it looks cool.

Okay, I fixed the Gladiator - maybe you have to clear the browser cache to see it, though. I left the F7A in, just because it is listed in the RSI ships specs list.

Return to “Org. Logistics”