Howdy!

Meet your fellow addicts.
Jamie88

Howdy!

Postby Jamie88 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:04 pm

Hello out there. The name is Jamie and I have spent way too much on SC. I joined this org about a week ago or so and have just gotten round to posting a greeting. Sorry for the delay. I wasn't looking to joining another organization, but I have to say the enthusiasm here won me over. (I have three orgs, a main, this one and a social one). Anywho, I'm still trying to get a feel for what I'll be doing in the 'verse. I know some hauling and exploring, but I do have a bit of a plan to RP this thing as a brother and sister team, providing the game lets me. That's really the only idea I have at the moment. So, nice to be here, really enjoy the vids and extra info and hope to see you guys around.
Dren

Re: Howdy!

Postby Dren » Thu May 28, 2015 11:48 pm

Welcome Jamie! Glad to have you aboard! Interested in hearing more about your RP idea.
last.fm   |    Steam    |   Twitter
Waxman

Postby Waxman » Fri May 29, 2015 12:03 am

Welcome.

If you need people to RP then the VFA might be for you. it is not for everyone but send me a PM ifyou have any questions.
And feel free to join us during a WSGM.
ImageImageMaster of the Hunt
Jamie88

Postby Jamie88 » Fri May 29, 2015 12:44 am

Thanks to you both. As the game is still a ways away, my RP idea will remain fairly fluid, though the core will have a brother and sister team, one specializing in certain areas like hauling, exploration, etc. The other would be either a fighter of search and rescue. Like I said, everything is up in the air, but that's my plan anyway. Ultimately I'd like them to set up their own small hauling, exploration company. Originally I was going to start off w/ an Aurora and a Freelancer and have them work my way up, but since then I've pledged for waaaaaay too many ships. Maybe they will inherit a bunch of ships w/ no way to keep therm up, so they have to go to work. Starting to sound like RL now. :lol:

That's assuming they both don't get killed out of the gate. lol.
Eris

Postby Eris » Fri May 29, 2015 3:21 am

Welcome Jamie88!

I've updated your forum permissions so you can now see all of the Enablers subforums.

I too wonder how I'm going to RP a character working her way up when I'm actually starting out with a ton of ships. One thought that occurred to me is that I can start out flying one of my starter ships, save up my credits to buy the "next" ship in my fleet, donate that money to the org and only then start using the bigger ship. That way I still have to earn it in game in some fashion.

I'll probably have more than one character, though. One will be my "rich bitch" with all the toys and that one won't be a serious RP character. It will just be for fun and socializing. The other character could be for serious role play.
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Fri May 29, 2015 12:23 pm

Welcome Jamie. I think most of us are RP'ing to some extent. Seems a waste of a universe not to somehow. lol
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
Jamie88

Postby Jamie88 » Fri May 29, 2015 5:24 pm

Thanks again. Interesting idea on the RP angle, Eris. I will give it some thought. I'm glad to see so many w/ the same relative sentiment toward RPing SC. Unfortunately one of the first threads I found on RSI forums was an argument over RPing in SC, so I was kind of perplexed. I won't go into it here. And thanks for opening the subforums, Eris. I'll check them out.
Reaper

Postby Reaper » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Welcome Jamie88 enjoy your stay.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”