Forum software update!

Site News
Eris

Forum software update!

Postby Eris » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:37 am

I've updated the forum software to the latest version. Unfortunately this means that all of the appearance customization has to be redone by hand. I'll be working on that tonight, and over the next day or two if it takes that long.

In the meantime, if you see any strange behavior, let me know!

Update: The style that was being used before is not supported on the new version of the forum, so I've picked a new style from the ones available. I hope it's OK, but if you'd like to suggest another style, feel free. You can see a list of the available styles here:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styles-2

Just keep in mind that any style we use must support version 3.1.5 of phpBB.
Stabby_McPunch

Re: Forum software update!

Postby Stabby_McPunch » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:38 am

Boy, was I freaked out when I got here...
Mage

Postby Mage » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:49 am

Thanks Eris and everyone else the puts up the site or works on it. Appreciate the effort and time!
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:47 am

Yes, thank you for your work Eris.

The only style I could see that was not offensive to the eyes and was similar to our old style was the one simply called Black.

I don't know if that's the one you picked or not Eris, but I like the fact that it's dark, and I like the more rounded feel of it.

That's my suggestion anyway. :)
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:32 pm

I agree. Something dark is better then the assault on the eyes this bright one is. :?
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:37 pm

Good job Eris. I know, from years past, how much work a forum upgrade can be. Shudder. I feel for you but at the same time am damn glad it is not me doing it. :P
Eris

Postby Eris » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:07 pm

Solaias wrote:Yes, thank you for your work Eris.

The only style I could see that was not offensive to the eyes and was similar to our old style was the one simply called Black.

I don't know if that's the one you picked or not Eris, but I like the fact that it's dark, and I like the more rounded feel of it.

That's my suggestion anyway. :)

Ummm that's the default style on the server right now. Are you not seeing it? If so your user preferences may be overriding things.

Click the little person icon in the top right (it should pop up your user name when you hover over it, then click the board preferences tab. From that page you can select which theme you will use while logged in. There's only two installed at the moment (prosilver and black).

[EDIT] In fact your user preferences have the "prosilver" style selected. I guess that everyone has that then. I could disable the ability to choose the style and just force everyone onto the black theme, or I could wait until I get home tonight and do a mass update in the database to reset everyone's preferences.
Eris

Postby Eris » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:35 pm

I went ahead and set the board to allow only the "Black" theme. If anyone really wants access to the light colored "prosilver" theme let me know.
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:32 pm

Yep much better like this. I didn't know we could choose a theme on phpBB, so I didn't look for it.
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
Reaper

Postby Reaper » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:18 pm

Nice job Eris ,Thanks :)

Return to “Announcements”