Forum software update!

Site News
Solaias

Re: Forum software update!

Postby Solaias » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:12 am

Is there some kind of post "thanks" mod for phpBB? I don't know how others feel about this, but the amount of times I'd like to thank someone for their post but can't is actually becoming frustrating. :)
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
Eris

Postby Eris » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:18 pm

Solaias wrote:Is there some kind of post "thanks" mod for phpBB? I don't know how others feel about this, but the amount of times I'd like to thank someone for their post but can't is actually becoming frustrating. :)

I don't understand what you mean. What would such a module do? Can't you just post a reply saying "thanks"?

/me is confused.
NotableJoe

Postby NotableJoe » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:22 am

Eris wrote:
Solaias wrote:Is there some kind of post "thanks" mod for phpBB? I don't know how others feel about this, but the amount of times I'd like to thank someone for their post but can't is actually becoming frustrating. :)

I don't understand what you mean. What would such a module do? Can't you just post a reply saying "thanks"?

/me is confused.

I understand where Solaias is coming from. Many people have such a strong love for my posts that they feel compelled to "like" them, or express accolades, or send me small gifts. He's just wanting an easy way to do that without having to type something each and every time.
einnyen

Postby einnyen » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:01 am

Mistress Eris,

Is there any way to enable the updated forum software to behave like the prior version?

In particular I've noticed that instead of taking me to page 4 of a thread I've already read it always goes to the first page.

Thank you,

Einn aka Jack
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A
Pathagarus

Postby Pathagarus » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:58 am

And here I thought I had lost my mind or was hallucinatin' :P
NotableJoe

Postby NotableJoe » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:37 am

If you click the round red arrow to the left of the post, instead of the title, it'll take you to the new posts.
NotableJoe

Postby NotableJoe » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:31 am

The new layout is much more mobile-friendly.
Eris

Postby Eris » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:43 pm

einnyen wrote:Mistress Eris,

Is there any way to enable the updated forum software to behave like the prior version?

In particular I've noticed that instead of taking me to page 4 of a thread I've already read it always goes to the first page.

Thank you,

Einn aka Jack

Where exactly are you clicking? As NotableJoe mentioned, the red attention icon on the "Unread Posts" page will take you to the first unread post, but maybe you are talking about somewhere else.
einnyen

Postby einnyen » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:55 pm

Eris wrote:
einnyen wrote:Mistress Eris,

Thank you,

Einn aka Jack

Where exactly are you clicking? As NotableJoe mentioned, the red attention icon on the "Unread Posts" page will take you to the first unread post, but maybe you are talking about somewhere else.

No that's pretty much what I meant. Clicking the thread title is what I've been doing, however I'll start using the red arrow.

Thanks Folks.
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A

Return to “Announcements”