Windows 10

Discuss anything you want.
Captain Glume

Re: Windows 10

Postby Captain Glume » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:24 pm

The Dr. and I have a full blown VMware Host system that runs our entire company and personal needs. It has Every OS from XP up. I have one of the W7's already set to receive the W10 when it ships for testing. If I like it I'll move my main W7 workstation to it since I'm sure many of our clients will hop on 10 instantly. This should let me get really familiar with the new OS and its quirks. Whenever we move a physical machine into the the retirement home slice of the VM we have to move its Windows sticker to the lid of the primary server. That top is looking like a real-estate board now with all the mis matched labels. :lol: I've stopped saving XP codes though and our latest batch of retired PC's will simply go to recycling (with the HD's removed and crushed of course) as is...

Should be interesting though, MS's new plan.
Mage

Postby Mage » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:12 pm

einnyen wrote:The Enterprise editions allow you to defer updates for "years".

Pro will allow you to defer for up to a year.

The only confusion is where security and critical updates are concerned. Those may not be deferred, or they may. If I get home from work at a decent hour today I'll look through some documentation and get a more solid answer.

Thank you!
Dren

Postby Dren » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:07 pm

Captain Glume wrote:The Dr. and I have a full blown VMware Host system that runs our entire company and personal needs. It has Every OS from XP up.

Oh nice! What kind of company do you guys have?
last.fm   |    Steam    |   Twitter

Return to “Off Topic”