Anyone going to watch Dark Matter this Friday?

Discuss anything you want.
Reaper

Re: Anyone going to watch Dark Matter this Friday?

Postby Reaper » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:17 pm

I am waiting for him to turn into brundlefly :))
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:54 pm

Well watched the first few Episodes of Mr Robot and can't quite work out if I like it or not. It's certainly weird enough for my tastes, but also kinda slow. I keep waiting for the prologue to finish and the actual meat of the story to start. However, I keep watching so there's something in there that keeps drawing me back in.

Watched the first episode of Blindspot last night, and liked it a lot. I think this is going to turn into a good series - as long as they don't cancel it after the first season....

Going to watch some dark matter tonight. Lets see what this is like. :)
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:18 am

Watched the first 9 episodes of "Dark Matter", and while it's not hard sci-fi, as entertainment it is a good series so far I feel.

If you are looking for another Battlestar Galactica, or even Farscape, you will be disappointed. If your looking for something just for some entertainment, then it's fine. It has an interesting premise for the plot and while the first 4 episodes were a bit iffy quality wise on the story, it has settled down and become more stable in the last 5 episodes imo. Overall nothing to knock your socks off, but fun to watch.
Dren

Postby Dren » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:56 pm

I was really pulling for Dark Matter to be something special, and if not Dark Matter... Killjoys. I have really high hopes for The Expanse

last.fm   |    Steam    |   Twitter
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:26 pm

Watching Killjoys atm. Another series that's fun and entertaining, but I feel it could have been a bit grittier and had a little more meat to it. One of the reasons I like Firefly so much is that while it dies have a sense of humour it also has that darker side to it as well.

Blindspot feels a little like this as well, which is why even though I have only seen one episode of that so far, I think it will end up being the best of the recent set of new series.
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:30 pm

Dren wrote:I was really pulling for Dark Matter to be something special, and if not Dark Matter... Killjoys. I have really high hopes for The Expanse

Yeah, that looks like it has the darker, harder edge needed to make it a good series rather than just a mediocre one.
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:04 pm

Solaias wrote:
Dren wrote:I was really pulling for Dark Matter to be something special, and if not Dark Matter... Killjoys. I have really high hopes for The Expanse

Yeah, that looks like it has the darker, harder edge needed to make it a good series rather than just a mediocre one.

I'll wait and see, looks good but I have been kicked in the Jimmy before.

:o
Reaper

Postby Reaper » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:06 pm

Dark Matter interesting twist in Ep13, not sure where it will go but good light entertainment.

Mr Robot at Ep 09 plot twist and still keeping me but not sure how far they can go!

The Expanse looks promising will have to check that out!
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:43 pm

Shank wrote:Still on the fence about Dark Matter, Mr.Robot seems good but I'm still waiting for a BS plot twist like everything is only in his head when he is on drugs and he is the only one doing stuff.

Yep Mr. Robot turned out pretty much where I thought it was going.

Return to “Off Topic”