Houston, Texas anyone? Austin even?

Meet and greet.
Eris

Houston, Texas anyone? Austin even?

Postby Eris » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:46 am

There's already several people in Atlanta, but how about Texas? I get the impression that Houston where I am is kind of a Star Citizen desert, but if there is anyone from the area I'd love to get together some time. I'd even be willing to drive to Beaumont or as far away of Austin.
Fettered

Re: Houston, Texas anyone? Austin even?

Postby Fettered » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:49 am

I'm in Dallas. An Austin get together for TX SCAA's would be fun.
Eris

Postby Eris » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:17 pm

There's been minor response on the Houston Meetup page and something might actually happen next month. But the Dallas Meetup appears to have been rocking along for months now. Maybe I should drive up there some time.
Fettered

Postby Fettered » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:11 pm

I totally didn't even think to check the official forums for meet ups. I'll have to try and make a Dallas one. I'd still be down for a trip to Austin especially if we could try to bribe some of the Devs to meet ups for drinks on us.
Kordis

Postby Kordis » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:08 am

There a local meetup in the Mpls/St.Paul are on March 1st,
if anyone here is a fellow Minnesotan.

Details here: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/61056/usa-mn-twin-cities-minneapolis-sc-meet-up-march-1st-2-00
Gunslingr

Postby Gunslingr » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:33 am

im in dallas also .. im already planning a trip to Austin to visit friends and drop by Cloud to drop off some booze , but if you want a dallas meet im game
Eris

Postby Eris » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:55 pm

For those who haven't seen it on the RSI forums, there's going to be a meet-p in Houston this Sunday. Here are the details:

Sunday, February 16th, 2014 @ 4PM
Katz' Deli - 616 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX, 77006
einnyen

Postby einnyen » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:40 am

Wish I would have seen this just a bit sooner.

I'm in Tulsa, and neither Houston nor Dallas are all that far away. Sadly I'm committed this weekend.
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:13 am

einnyen wrote:Wish I would have seen this just a bit sooner.

I'm in Tulsa, and neither Houston nor Dallas are all that far away. Sadly I'm committed this weekend.

Sorry to hear that.
Ckaos2002

Postby Ckaos2002 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:22 am

Hey guys!

We been posting over on the RSI forum. I have only recently arrived on this forum.. yaaay for you.. :P

Anyway, we did have our first meetup in Houston. Aside from starting a bar fight we all seemed to make it out alive..

Seriously though, it was alot of fun chatting and ordering to much food and then looking around for someone to eat it all. One other guy from the RSI forum has commented that sundays were not really a good day for him. We will try a Saturday (or other day if you all want) next time.

fyi, I created a group to help organize and schedule these casual "events" on Meetup.com. The group is called Texas Star Citizens. You are all welcome to join that group if you like. Whenever possible i'll be posting planned events and i'm open to posting any events you all want to post. Just send me whatever details regarding your event and i'll toss it up there for ya. Meetups.com will email you when events are planned and coming due depending on your profile settings i believe. I tried to offer it to the Dallas folks and they were no so keen on it (I'd actually say rather hostile regarding it). So i've been trying to leave them to their own scheduling tools even though i am still open to helping them if they like.

Return to “Meetup”