Trails in the Sky

Anything not Star Citizen
jaustin89

Trails in the Sky

Postby jaustin89 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:38 am

For anyone that likes JRPGs Trails SC is finally coming out next week. I'd highly recommend it and the first chapter of the story to anyone that likes RPGs of any kind even if the graphics are a bit dated at this point (FC originally launched in '04, SC in '06); the story is very well crafted and detailed to an almost insane degree and the game play is great as well.

I think this series is one of the reasons that when I see anyone complain about how long Star Citizen is taking I just laugh; due to the sheer amount of text in the games the first chapter wasn't localized to English till 2011 and the second took till now. For anyone like me that follows JRPGs and can't read Japanese it's been a 9 year wait to play this game.
Eris

Re: Trails in the Sky

Postby Eris » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:20 pm

So wait, is this the second part of the story? What's the first part?

Ah, never mind. Looks like this is the first part here

http://store.steampowered.com/app/25115 ... _151_150_1
jaustin89

Postby jaustin89 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:37 am

And finished, total playtime for one runthrough 97 hours compared to ~30 per run for the first game. Didn't quite manage a perfect run going through without a guide but got pretty close. Having finished I really can't recommend the series enough; the graphics might be fairly out dated and the gameplay isn't the best there is but the story and mythos of the world more than makes up for it; combine that with the fact that the games are $50 combined for what will get you around 130 hours of gameplay is a damn good bargain compared to most anything else these days.
einnyen

Postby einnyen » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:14 am

I picked up the first volume and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Not sure I glommed to the crystal system fast enough although I did end up with 4 of every type synth able.

After I dither about in FO4 for a month or so I'll pick up the second volume.

Thanks for the heads up on this one. It'd been awhile since I really had a good time with a jrpg.
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A

Return to “Other Games”