Fallout 4 is coming!

Anything not Star Citizen
NotableJoe

Re: Fallout 4 is coming!

Postby NotableJoe » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:39 pm

I'm now going solo through the Wasteland. Codsworth is the reason. The AI is amazing--Codsworth always seems to know where I want to walk, and stands there. Also, he repeatedly opened a booby-trapped door in order to meet me in a room I had worked my way in through the back to disarm the trap.
NotableJoe

Postby NotableJoe » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:55 pm

Pro Tip: You can store your mods in the workshop, and they'll be accessible from the respective crafting benches.
Eris

Postby Eris » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:59 pm

SilverlightPony wrote:
Eris wrote:OK, How do you throw grenades? I can't figure this out for the life of me.

Make sure you have some throwables (grenades, molotovs, w/e) equipped (they equip "on top of" your gun or melee weapon). Then it's the same button as bashing with your gun, except hold it down.

Yeah, what I really needed to know was "what is the button to throw a grenade". But I found it last night. ( Left Alt ) I wish the documentation was a little more obvious, and I REALLY wish they had included some sort of tutorial information in the game. Even something as simple as a popup message the first time you pick up a grenade would have been useful.

So I tried to throw a grenade last night. It bounced off the wall I was hiding behind and came right back to me and blew up in my face. *sigh*
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:01 pm

Well at least it didn't go off under your skirt. You don't need that kind of "embarrassing way to die". :)
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
einnyen

Postby einnyen » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:20 pm

So I just got the minuteman HQ back.

Here's a tiny hint; When you go to do this take all your big guns. Missile Launcher, Fat Man, Flame Thrower... Anything that does a lot of damage.

Also which route has everyone taken thus far?

Melee, ballistics, energy, etc

I'm mainly energy but I have some pretty sweet ballistic weapons for when I have to reach out and touch something. *cough* super mutants *cough*
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:32 pm

I have been using mostly ballistics, with a Laser Rifle for those few enemies that are resistant to bullets.

I have also been concentrating on anything that toughens my PC up. So perks and armor skills mostly.

Playing through on normal difficulty.

And for those who find the witchcraft museum quest, also go loaded for bear, and then think twice. I'm lvl 16 atm and had my full health ass handed to me within about 6 seconds of getting to the final boss. No exaggeration.
Eris

Postby Eris » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:24 pm

I haven't come across any energy weapons yet. So far my favorite weapon is a sniper rifle. I can't even begin to count the number of raiders I've taken out with that thing. I killed more than a dozen at the Corvega plant alone before I went inside.
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:36 pm

The sniper rifle is nice (not the pipe sniper, the normal one), probably my favorite weapon so far. The combat shotgun is good too. Even more powerful than the sniper rifle, but only any good at short range unfortunately.
Last edited by Solaias on Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eris

Postby Eris » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:28 am

I have the pipe sniper rifle. I haven't seen anything else yet. I also have the combat shotgun, so my normal routine at the moment is to use the sniper rifle on my approach to a place, and then switch to the shotgun when I get into close quarters (or a pistol of some sort if I don't think there's anything too dangerous around).
NotableJoe

Postby NotableJoe » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:59 am

I haven't found the combat shotgun yet.

The only sniper rifle I've found, other than a pipe rifle, is the hunting rifle. With a long barrel and scope, it's really good.

I did find a Subnose .44 pistol that has some incredible damage...now if I could just find .44 ammo!

Return to “Other Games”