Fallout 4 is coming!

Anything not Star Citizen
SilverlightPony

Re: Fallout 4 is coming!

Postby SilverlightPony » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:34 pm

Hotplates and telephones, according to the wiki.
Eris

Postby Eris » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:13 pm

I found a telephone last night and saw that it said I would get circuitry from it, but after scrapping it the crafting interface still said I had zero circuitry. Is there something special I have to do, like pick which material I want to retrieve when scrapping something?
SilverlightPony

Postby SilverlightPony » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:42 pm

There's a perk you need to get certain resources from items when scrapping them manually. HOWEVER,

Items classified as "junk" don't need to be manually scrapped. Just open the transfer window and press T to dump your junk into the settlement's crafting inventory. Parts will be harvested from this inventory as needed.

Now, there's a bug where sometimes materials that are automatically harvested in this manner but not used immediately won't appear to be available, but they actually are. More info:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/commen ... se_you_to/
Eris

Postby Eris » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:57 pm

Oh, by the way - Codsworth does say my name in game now. For some reason he just didn't say it the first time I met him.
einnyen

Postby einnyen » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:02 pm

anyone found a bloody manual for the game yet?

I don't even know where to begin with the crafting and the ingame "help dialog" at the settlement is about as useful as dining table to a crocodile.
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A
Eris

Postby Eris » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:07 pm

einnyen wrote:anyone found a bloody manual for the game yet?

I don't even know where to begin with the crafting and the ingame "help dialog" at the settlement is about as useful as dining table to a crocodile.

There's a help dialog? News to me! Where's that found?

I'm not sure about the weapon and armor crafting, but the settlement crafting is a mode you enter when you activate a workbench. Once there use the arrow keys to navigate through the different classes of items until you have highlighted the item you want. You'll see a popup showing what raw materials it requires and what materials you have. If you've got the materials, you'll see an outline of the object appear on screen, and you can walk around to move its location. When it's where you want, click to place it.

Tearing things down to recover raw materials is done in the same mode. Just walk around and look at the thing you want to salvage and it should become highlighted so that you can click to recover it.

I assume that armor and weapon crafting works similarly, but I haven't tried those yet.
Pathagarus

Postby Pathagarus » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:42 pm

cleared a couple of house lots but can't seem to craft diddley to build a hut or anything :?:

not to mention the "Minutemen" won't follow me from Concord to Sanctuary :(

How the heck do you call up something say in structure e.g. prefabs? Never mind, finally figured it out :oops:
Eris

Postby Eris » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:55 pm

OK, How do you throw grenades? I can't figure this out for the life of me.
SilverlightPony

Postby SilverlightPony » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:22 pm

Eris wrote:OK, How do you throw grenades? I can't figure this out for the life of me.

Make sure you have some throwables (grenades, molotovs, w/e) equipped (they equip "on top of" your gun or melee weapon). Then it's the same button as bashing with your gun, except hold it down.
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:41 am

And unless you like being blown up, don't give grenades to your companion if they are humanoid.

Yes, this is the voice of experience talking. lol
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.

Return to “Other Games”