Pathagarus

Re: Fallout 4 is coming!

Postby Pathagarus » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:28 pm

Only complaint I have is dearth of stimpaks & radaway
Eris

Postby Eris » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:47 pm

Pathagarus wrote:Only complaint I have is dearth of stimpaks & radaway

Really? I found a ton of stimpaks in the vault before I left. I guess they are more rare on the surface.

In any event, you can always just pig out to gain health. :D
Pathagarus

Postby Pathagarus » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:49 pm

'Course it could be I use them whenever my character gets a hang nail ;)
Eris

Postby Eris » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:05 pm

The pig out scene in this is awesome.

SilverlightPony

Postby SilverlightPony » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:03 pm

Eris wrote:I suppose the Perks system is supposed ot be how you customize your character, but previous FO games have had perks, too, and I didn't find that to be a very good customization option then, so unless it is massively different - which at first glance it does not appear to be - then FO4 is going to be a pretty generic experience.

It's gotten a pretty big overhaul. Before, only a few perks had multiple ranks; now, nearly all of them have 5 ranks. When you level up, the choice is now between choosing a new perk, ranking-up an existing one, or increasing a SPECIAL stat (which, aside from the immediate gameplay effects of a stat increase, will allow access to more perks in the future).
Eris

Postby Eris » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:15 pm

SilverlightPony wrote:
Eris wrote:I suppose the Perks system is supposed ot be how you customize your character, but previous FO games have had perks, too, and I didn't find that to be a very good customization option then, so unless it is massively different - which at first glance it does not appear to be - then FO4 is going to be a pretty generic experience.

It's gotten a pretty big overhaul. Before, only a few perks had multiple ranks; now, nearly all of them have 5 ranks. When you level up, the choice is now between choosing a new perk, ranking-up an existing one, or increasing a SPECIAL stat (which, aside from the immediate gameplay effects of a stat increase, will allow access to more perks in the future).

Well that's something, at least. It still seems more limiting than the skills system from before. Heck, I didn't like the way every Elder Scrolls game had fewer skills than the previous one.
Mage

Postby Mage » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:22 am

My only real complaint is that I don't care for the crafting UI (the arrow in bit). It seems unintuitive to me. Other than that, I'm thoroughly pleased. Great story so far, art direction is fun, voice acting seems fine and the janky animations make me feel right at home. Wish I had more time to play it.
Eris

Postby Eris » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:33 am

I am having trouble with the crafting system. Specifically I am building a little outpost and I can't figure out how to get the defense rating to go up. I've built several guardposts and a guard tower, but they add nothing to my defense value. I built a flame trap and hooked it up to a generator, and that gave me a defense rating of 3, but the trap immediately powered on and seemed to burn all of its fuel, then it went out and my defense rating went back down to zero. I am confused by this, as I don't really know what I am expected to do.
SilverlightPony

Postby SilverlightPony » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:02 am

Standard machine gun turrets give 5 def. rating each; and it sounds like traps will activate immediately when they're provided with power, which means their power lines either need to be run through a manual switch (which will leave them manually activated only) or some type of switch activated by tripwires, pressure plates, or bio-sensors.
Eris

Postby Eris » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:57 pm

I can't build a machine gun turret since I can't find any circuitry when I scrap things. I had assumed that radios and TVs would have circuitry, but they don't. :(

Return to “Other Games”