Enablers Weekly Social Event April 19, 2015

Want to arrange a race or a time to fly as a squadron in Arena Commander? Post in here to let everyone know in advance so they can sign up!

Moderators: Board, Queen

Eris

Enablers Weekly Social Event April 19, 2015

Postby Eris » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:12 pm

Come one, come all to the Weekly flight session and get together. A good time is to be had by all!

When: April 19, 2015, about midnight GMT (7pm EDT, 6pm CDT, 4pm PDT) Someone people arrive early, some arrive late.
Where: In Arena Commadner, in Mumble, and possibly also in Raidcall
Who: You and a bunch of crazy Enablers!
Solaias

Re: Enablers Weekly Social Event April 19, 2015

Postby Solaias » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:06 pm

You posted it first! Yay! :D

I'll be there.

Since the clock changes, it's 1 am GMT now. ;)
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
Eris

Postby Eris » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:17 pm

Solaias wrote:You posted it first! Yay! :D

I'll be there.

Since the clock changes, it's 1 am GMT now. ;)

Let's keep it at midnight GMT - you guys over there have to stay up very late already,, so I don't think there's any need to make things worse.
einnyen

Postby einnyen » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:53 pm

I'll be in attendance, as usual.

I'm just hoping I don't get any more emergency calls.
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A
Eris

Postby Eris » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:02 pm

Emergency calls? What do you do for a living?
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:11 am

Latest Update on multi-player.

Hi everyone!

Jeremy Masker and Will Leverett here, and we wanted to provide a little insight into what's going on with 1.1.1 matchmaking and multiplayer matches.

Friday April 10:

- With the 1.1.1 release, players immediately saw a crop of issues, the most critical being the "Black Screens on the Lobby" bug when creating or joining a match.
- Additional problems included poor performance while in the lobby, invalid ship selection errors, and the inability to join a game.

Saturday/Sunday April 11/12:

- The Server Team and DevOps worked up some fixes that resolved the black screens, but immediately reintroduced the Kicked Back To Lobby bug.

Monday April 13:

- DevOps, Networking, QA, and Server Teams spent coordinated together to isolate the root causes of the "Kicked Back to Lobby" error.
- By running tests in a variety of conditions on both Live and internal builds, we began to effectively correlate failures to players' event logs, plus eliminate several false positives.
- We've introduced a new server-side hotfix tonight to test out the effects of singlethreading vs multithreading.

So.... where does this leave us for now?

- We have identified and resolved the 'Black Screen in the Lobby' bug. We'll monitor for further instances of this, so feel free to report cases of this on this thread.
- We have identified and resolved the 'No Valid Ship Selected' bug. Same as above, feel free to let us know if this happens to you now.
- We're actively working 'Kicked Back to Lobby' bug and tomorrow we'll be lowering the amount of multiplayer servers tomorrow and cranking up debugging logs.
- The 'Infinite Load Screen' bug will be remedied next.

In addition, we're still doing work on various client crashes and optimizations.

Thank you for your patience everyone, and for reporting helpful information on this thread. As we have more to report, we'll do so here!

Regards,
Jeremy and Will
einnyen

Postby einnyen » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:48 am

Eris wrote:Emergency calls? What do you do for a living?

I'm a field engineer. We deal with Nurse Call, access control, Fire detection, etc so when something goes down that is critical to life safety (as defined by NFPA 101, 72,etc etc etc) I get calls to go effect a timely repair.

I wish I could be a part swapper, but everything we do is customized for each client.
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:34 pm

Latest MP update:

We have just finished bringing up the full fleet of game servers with a hotfix for the Kick-Back-to-Hangar issues. This should greatly reduce the frequency that players experience this.

Source: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/252607/1-1-1-server-hotfixes-deployed/p1

Reading the thread it seems that most people are now able to get in-game, but some are still having issues.
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:01 pm

Latest MP update:
Hi all,

We're going to be having a short, one hour concurrency test tomorrow to analyze efficiency and impact of our latest round of hotfixes. We're cautiously confident in early results of our Kicked Back To Lobby hotfix but obviously need to see how this all holds up during high concurrency.

So, if you are free tomorrow and want to contribute an hour to our testing efforts, come hop in game tomorrow Friday April 17!

- 2pm PDT (West Coast USA)
- 4pm CDT (Texas time... y'all)
- 5pm EDT (East Coast USA)
- 10pm BST (UK time)
- 11pm CET (Germany time)

We realize this is late for our EU players but we're wanting to get as wide a range of time zones with developers still at work here in the States.

QA, DevOps, and Game Support will be in General Chat answering questions about the hotfix, as well as jumping in the game to test along with you!

In terms of status of the three major items in 1.1.1 multiplayer Spectrum Matches today:

- Black Screen in Lobby: Fixed.
- Infinite Load Screen: Investigated and repro'd but causes identified. The nature of the fixes warrants additional discussions internally on how to fix this long term, so we will update you further on this.
- Kicked Back To Lobby: Hotfix published yesterday.

Please post in this thread if you continue to encounter errors as your feedback is crucial. :)

Thanks everyone for your help. Have a great Thursday and see you in-game tomorrow!

-JM and WL
Reaper

Postby Reaper » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:42 pm

I'll be there :D

Return to “Group Play Signup”