Enablers weekly social event 04/05/15

Want to arrange a race or a time to fly as a squadron in Arena Commander? Post in here to let everyone know in advance so they can sign up!

Moderators: Board, Queen

Solaias

Enablers weekly social event 04/05/15

Postby Solaias » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:37 am

Enablers weekly social event, 4th April 2015.

Everyone is invited to The Enablers weekly social meetup. Hopefully by Sunday the multiplayer side of things will be working again, but if it isn't we still hang out and chat anyway.

The meeting will be at 5pm PDT/MST, 6pm MDT, 7pm CDT and 8pm EDT Sunday 04/05/15, which is 1am the next morning for those of us in the UK, and 2am for France, Germany etc.
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
Waxman

Re: Enablers weekly social event 04/05/15

Postby Waxman » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:44 am

I'll drop by for a match or two
ImageImageMaster of the Hunt
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:00 pm

Sounds good!

I wonder when we will see FPS... CIG has been really quiet about it lately other then saying it is polishing up nicely...

Though sadly, CR did say on yesterday's 10-4-T-C that he didn't want to overshadow or crowd the FPS with the Social and that it would be a minimum of a month apart. So that is just Poo... :(
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:07 pm

Thought this might be of interest.

Update #14 830am CDT/230pm GMT:

Hi there everyone and apologies for the lack of updates on this yesterday.

Not much has changed in terms of multiplayer reliability at this point.

- We've been spending time looking at increased debugging logs from over the weekend.
- We've tweaked a few things, such as disabling the Cancel button on matches (this was causing sessions to not terminate correctly).
- We continue to have teams review the core issues, and are finding that there's more to work on. More details on that later this week.
- We continue to see Match Not Found/Infinite Load Scree/Kicked to lobby.
- We further see multiple additional load related problems at a specific concurrency level, which we hit multiple times as day starting around 2pm CDT/8pm GMT and happening.

I feel it's worth noting that as we continue to kick over rocks and find more to work on how our multiplayer services interact, and with the infrastructure that runs it all, there are increasing chances that this likely won't resolved in a hotfix, but something that is addressed through a full publish on a future update.

I know currently it's an incredibly frustrating experience in the Alpha phase of Star Citizen development, but I thought it would be good to set expectations that multiplayer instability can be expected for the next several days - and possibly stretching into weeks - as we continue to hammer away at this.

This last paragraph screams CR or someone saying "OH it's good enough for now, get back to FPS prep." So I don't expect this stuff to be totally fixed until FPS...
Eris

Postby Eris » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:26 pm

To be fair, it was stable enough for us on Sunday. I'm not too worried.

Too bad about the Social modules, though. I hate it when things I want get pushed back to accommodate things that don't interest me.
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:28 pm

Eris wrote:To be fair, it was stable enough for us on Sunday. I'm not too worried.

Too bad about the Social modules, though. I hate it when things I want get pushed back to accommodate things that don't interest me.

^THIS^. :evil:
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:26 pm

Captain Glume wrote:
Eris wrote:To be fair, it was stable enough for us on Sunday. I'm not too worried.

^THIS^. :evil:

+1
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:10 pm

Another update on the SC servers.

Update #16 845am CDT/245pm GMT:

Happy April Fool's Day everyone... watch out for those fish!

(For the record, this is a legitimate update and not a joke. :) )

I wanted to share a couple of updates regarding Multiplayer status. As so many of you have experienced, there are three major issues with Multiplayer: Match Not Found, Infinite Load Screen, and Kicked Back to Lobby.

- Match Not Found update: We've assigned senior sailers to rewrite three major backend components that we've identified as the causes of the Match Not Found issues. Initially we had scoured logs and player reports, which first led us to look at capacity, then tweaking some of the current code, then adjusting server configurations. These were only band-aids, as the reality is the current tech stack isn't tenable for scaling up to the release standards of Star Citizen. This is a full rewrite so will likely take several weeks to complete.

- Infinite Load Screen/Kicked Back to Lobby update: We also brought down the servers last night to publish multiple game server code fixes to address the Infinite Load Screen and Kicked to Lobby issues. We'll be monitoring this over the next few days, but encourage players to continue reporting instances of this.

What players can expect:

- Continued Match Not Founds during high concurrency times while we rewrite the backend components over the next few weeks.
- Fewer Infinite Load Screens and Kicked Back to Lobby, though we certainly would appreciate you continuing to provide updates on this thread using the below format.

- Game mode :
- Fish selected :
- Private/Public :
- Description of the error :
- Region/Country :

Thanks everyone and happy hunting!

Return to “Group Play Signup”