03/15/15

Want to arrange a race or a time to fly as a squadron in Arena Commander? Post in here to let everyone know in advance so they can sign up!

Moderators: Board, Queen

Solaias

03/15/15

Postby Solaias » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:43 pm

I'm assuming there is a meetup today, anyone know what time?

I'll be loitering on mumble all day if anyone want's to blow shit up. :)

If you come onto mumble and I don't answer, I'm making tea or something else as trivial. I will return. ;)
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
Solaias

Re: 03/15/15

Postby Solaias » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:04 pm

I have just realised I need to do some shopping, so I will be away for approx 2 hours.

I'll be back later.
Eris

Postby Eris » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:19 pm

The Sunday session should get started around midnight GMT (8 Eastern, 5 Pacific).
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:05 pm

Thanks Eris.

einnyen and I have been shooting stuff for a while, so I'm ready for tonight now. :)
einnyen

Postby einnyen » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:11 pm

Solaias wrote:Thanks Eris.

einnyen and I have been shooting stuff for a while, so I'm ready for tonight now. :)

By "stuff" he meant each other. At least when he wasn't pretending he was still an aurora pilot and going full on Kamikaze.

Granted Nikki had her share of "smash Einn so he can't shoot" moments as well.
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:10 am

einnyen wrote:
Solaias wrote:Thanks Eris.

By "stuff" he meant each other. At least when he wasn't pretending he was still an aurora pilot and going full on Kamikaze.

Granted Nikki had her share of "smash Einn so he can't shoot" moments as well.

It's the only way to get a kill of our own...

It's all good. ;)

Sunday night went well, those who couldn't make it were missed. At the end of the evening Kulggen, Nikki and I managed to clear wave 18 three times in a row. Something I think we are all quite proud of. :)

Reaper enjoyed himself so much I'm not sure he will remember half of the time he was there.... (hic)

It was nice to finally catch up with people I haven't spoken to in a very long time. It was also nice to meet the new faces (new to me at least).
Reaper

Postby Reaper » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:13 pm

That was a test run for St Patrick's day and it was a resounding success :D
Eris

Postby Eris » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Sorry I didn't get to make it there on Sunday - I wasn't feeling good and stayed in bed most of the night.

Could someone send me a little write up of what happened? Capt Glume was talking about doing some sort of newsletter or maybe just posting more on our "official" blog (theenablers.starcitizenaa.com) and I'd like to start gathering info for that.
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:47 pm

Eris wrote:Sorry I didn't get to make it there on Sunday - I wasn't feeling good and stayed in bed most of the night.

Could someone send me a little write up of what happened? Capt Glume was talking about doing some sort of newsletter or maybe just posting more on our "official" blog (theenablers.starcitizenaa.com) and I'd like to start gathering info for that.

Hope you are feeling better now Eris.

03/15/15

Attendees: Nikki, einnyen, Kulggen, Reaper, DrJeffery, Rye, Pathagarus and Solaias.( If I have missed anyone by accident, please let me know.)

The evening started approx 30 mins late as Nikki became held up, so by the time she had arrived Reaper had already had a few "Soda's", and was feeling a bit boisterous. Although you can't blame him as it was apparently a lepricorns bad influence (the little green bugger), and he had been told he needed to practice for Paddy's night. :)

Early evening it was Nikki, einn, DrJeffery, Reaper, Pathagarus and myself. We decided to use the public 1.0.3 build as then everyone could access it. It took about another 20 mins for the first match to start due to us having about 5 mins of chat between ourselves and about 15 minutes of slightly slurred monologue from Reaper while we all tried to get him to accept an invite, then to tell the lobby he was ready. Finally we took the Pirates Rum away and got a game of battle royale started (So all five of us could play), and Reaper had about 5 seconds of game time then promptly crashed. Something which we all gathered was annoying due to the swearing we could hear over mumble. :D

TBH I think everyone had connection issues and/or crashes at some point during the night. After Reaper, who didn't get a game at all I think, I probably had the most issues as I had about an hour where I couldn't get a game at all because I was being dumped back to the lobby. I think everyone was glad that we played the more "stable" version of the game. XD

At one point during the evening DrJeffery got bored with the fighting and wandered off to take some mineral samples from the local 'roids, much to everyones surprise... At least that's what he claimed he was doing, but we secretly suspect he crashed into a 'roid instead.

About a third of the way into the nights session Rye arrived to up the Canadian count to two. About half way through the session einn left to get some sleep (Big girls blouse.), and Reaper left as he couldn't get a game. Shortly after that Kulggen arrived.

Nikki and Rye had a "lively discussion" about the virtues of PC's and Mac's. One the rest of us politely kept out of... They seemed to be enjoying themselves, would have been rude to interrupt. ;)

After a few more rounds of the Vanduul bitch slapping Kulggen, Rye and Nikki (I couldn't get in a game at this point) Rye also left stating he had to get up early the next morning.

The session was winding down now, and there would only be a total of 4 more games played. The first was Nikki and Kulggen (I tried, but was dumped back to the lobby again). It was a hard fought battle from start to finish by the sound of the conversation, but they emerged from the other end battle weary and VICTORIOUS! Yes, they had cleared all eighteen waves and sent the Vanduul packing.

After a brief discussion, it was decided that I would host the next game to see if it helped with my issue of being dumped back to the lobby every time. It did, but being the first time I'd hosted I forgot to change the game type and we ended up in a Battle Royal. So we just had some fun. As it happens, it turns out that Nikki and I don't chicken out in a game of chicken. I think we mutually killed each other three or four times before we tried to take on Kulggen, who did the manly thing of using his weapons and handing us our ass'es. :D

Next we went back to Vanduul Swarm co-op and started playing. I'm not entirely sure when it was due to being in a battle, but at around wave 5-ish Kulggen's game crashed. Which left it to Nikki and I to finish off the last thirteen waves... Seeing as Nikki and I are not the greatest of pilots, this was not going to end well. Taking a vow to do our best, we set about the Vanduul with a vengeance. Wave after wave came at us, and wave after wave died. Eventually I turned around, after killing one Vanduul I'd managed to pin against the edge of the arena before blasting the crap out of him, and saw Nikki in the upper right of my cockpit taking out another Vanduul with yet another one behind her. Hitting boost to stop my drifting and to get over there quickly, I took on the Vanduul before he manage to close up on Nikki. I fired my three remaining guns and made him veer off from his pursuit and pay attention to me. In a moment of stupidity he flew straight at me, not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, I opened up and shot him down.

Turning to find the next target I realise there isn't one, a brief break before the next wave..... but no, that was wave 18. Nikki and I had just cleared all 18 waves on our own! This being the third time that Nikki has been in a game that clears all 18 waves, she is calm about it. This is my first time, but being British and reserved, plus not wanting to be less manly than a woman, I too played the nonchalant, but slightly surprised, card.

Next we have a VS co-op with all three of us, and yet again we managed to beat all 18 waves. However, all three of us had died twice in this particular game, and it was generally decided that while clearing all 18 waves was now becoming old hat (Yeah, right!), we were getting tired now (It was 6am for me and 7am for Kulggen) and we were going to play it canny and quit while we were ahead.

So apart from a little more chat while we wound down before bed, that is the evening summarized I think. If anyone else who was there wants to add or correct anything, feel free. :)

Return to “Group Play Signup”