How to use this forum

Want to arrange a race or a time to fly as a squadron in Arena Commander? Post in here to let everyone know in advance so they can sign up!

Moderators: Board, Queen

Eris

How to use this forum

Postby Eris » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:07 pm

This forum is to provide a convenient place for people to announce races, squadron battles, and other group events for Arena Commander. Having such things announced here will let everyone know about the event in advance so they can all get together at the right time.

Simply make a post with a brief descriptive title that includes whether the event is a race or squadron battle, the date and time (with time zone), and then include the details in the post. People can respond to indicate interest and exchange needed information such as access codes to use when joining the game. Example:

Subject: RACE Sep 10, 20:00 GMT
Details: Just a race on the Murray cup track to see who's got the best skills. M50 only to level the playing field. Join with code 'WHOSYOURDADDY"

Right now this is an experiment. As we get more experience with Arena Commander's group play modes we may need a dedicated signup forum with appropriate database support, but for now let's keep things simple and just use this subforum to organize events.
Solaias

Re: How to use this forum

Postby Solaias » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Nice Idea VV. When we finally get group ship play enabled I volunteer as a gunner if anyone needs one.
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
Batgirl

Postby Batgirl » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:44 pm

Thank you so much for putting this together.
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:09 pm

I would also suggest showing people how to use your countdown timer you added to the forums for my auctions so people can properly see the exact time the event starts to avoid timezone issues.
Waxman

Postby Waxman » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:13 pm

Friend codes how to

When you start a private match the game generates a match ID, you then give these codes out to friends. I believe you can also input you own code so it can remain the same. I am unable to connect ATM so I cannot verify this. I also think the code is persistent.

To join a private match
After selecting a simulation mode and arena, you are
given a Match ID code. Give this code to any other players with whom
you want to play this private match.
Enter Friend Code.
If you have been given a Match ID, enter it here to
join a private match.
Multi-player simulation modes are:

Battle Royale

Capture the Core

Squadron Battle

Cooperative Vanduul Swarm