What to do with all of these flying mechanisms?

Rehab is not an option!
Sebilawikkah

What to do with all of these flying mechanisms?

Postby Sebilawikkah » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:26 pm

Well, now that I have itched this and that over the past weekend, I have plenty of options to chose from in my present (and future) hangar. Obviously I cannot fly all these things at once. I want to do a role on someone else's multicrew ship from time to time to assist and enjoy that part of the game. Is it possible to loan out your ship to someone else while you are out doing whatever it is you are doing? Or say for instance, we as an Org are going to do a mega-hauling run and you have multiple HULLs and someone else doesn't have one, can they use one of yours to participate?
Eris

Re: What to do with all of these flying mechanisms?

Postby Eris » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:29 pm

This might be possible. It has been discussed in the past, but right now there's no mechanism for it, so if you want to be able to do this the best thing is to let CIG know over in the Game Ideas forum.
SilverlightPony

Postby SilverlightPony » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:34 pm

They've said they intend to allow this, as well as allowing you to hire NPCs to take your spare ships off on their own to do run errands for you.
Gotrek65

Postby Gotrek65 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:32 pm

So sad and depressed it's wednesday and i'm $62 dollars short from upgrading my connie to the orion why couldn't this sale happen after christmas...
Sebilawikkah

Postby Sebilawikkah » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Gotrek65 wrote:So sad and depressed it's wednesday and i'm $62 dollars short from upgrading my connie to the orion why couldn't this sale happen after christmas...

Very close... So this begs a question from me, is there a difference between "melting" and "exchanging for store credits"? From what I am reading, if you melt something you can later unmelt it at some point? So is Melting a way to free up funds to buy something while having the option of unmelting it later when you have the money to? Where does one find the melt option?
Eris

Postby Eris » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:17 pm

"melting" and "exchanging for store credits" are the same thing. You can "unmelt" something just because CIG has a record of what you originally purchased and they can restore it to your account if you pay for it again.
Sebilawikkah

Postby Sebilawikkah » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Eris wrote:"melting" and "exchanging for store credits" are the same thing. You can "unmelt" something just because CIG has a record of what you originally purchased and they can restore it to your account if you pay for it again.

So then that "would" free up some money to buy something you just came up short on. But this is with the understanding that there will be an unmelt feature, that isn't set in stone yet right?
Eris

Postby Eris » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:35 pm

In the past you could unmelt things by asking Support to do it for you, but that was apparently a fairly time consuming process on their end. Right now they are are no longer accepting unmelt requests via support, but they say that's because they have a self-service unmelt tool that is almost ready to roll out to us. I'd say our ability to unmelt in the future is pretty much confirmed, but there is not yet a firm date for when it will be available again.
Gotrek65

Postby Gotrek65 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:36 pm

Sadly i only have 2 ships currently and i cant melt my lti tali to upgrade my connie to the orion
NotableJoe

Postby NotableJoe » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:00 am

Gotrek65 wrote:Sadly i only have 2 ships currently and i cant melt my lti tali to upgrade my connie to the orion

Well, that kind of financial decision rests with you, but you could melt the Retaliator, get your upgrade, and then wait patiently for the unmelt tool. It is supposedly coming before the end of the year.

I suppose they could turn around and say "sorry, we changed our minds on the unmelt tool and also we're no longer going to do it manually either", but that would unleash a pretty big storm.

Return to “Star Citizen AA”