Escapist drama

Rehab is not an option!
NotableJoe

Escapist drama

Postby NotableJoe » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:06 pm

In case you're not watching closely, they updated the Comm-Link for the Escapist drama with an official response:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist
Shank
Paste King of SC

Re: Escapist drama

Postby Shank » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:09 pm

Thanks for the update link.
Dren

Postby Dren » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:27 pm

*sigh* Perhaps it's because I don't really follow game development all that closely, but I've never seen such drama whirling around a game and it's staff for a game that technically isn't even in 'Alpha' yet.
last.fm   |    Steam    |   Twitter
einnyen

Postby einnyen » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:42 pm

I have to wonder what the fallout of this will be.

CIG has, essentially, trapped them by utilizing their own (lack of) standards.
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A
Fettered

Postby Fettered » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:47 pm

I find the whole thing unfortunate. I wish people would just let Star Citizen be what it will be and I wish CIG wouldn't respond to this kind of click-bait journalism. Here is the thing that these kind of accusations do not understand. CIG is a for profit business and therefore has had to file taxes. Given the high profile of Star Citizen and CIG if there were any indications of impropriety within the tax filings you can bet there would have been an IRS audit. If the things that supposed ex employees are claiming were true, they have perfect cases for filing a claim with the EEOC. If they have not done so and they believe their claims are valid shame on them.

I have no idea what goes on behind the doors of CIG and I don't think anyone aside from their employees do (and even most of them probably don't know). But I do know that it is not hard to get the government to investigate a business for impropriety be it financial or work environment.

At the same time, I find the kind of attention these issues get from CIG employees and CR to be unfortunate. They should focus on releasing something substantial and in the mean time ignore these distractions. Until honest legal action is taken against them, these are simply unverified accusations regardless of who claims what.

The reality is that Star Citizen will never live up to the amount of attention it has attained, it can't even with a $300 million budget, it will never be all things to all people and that's fine. There are always going to be people who want it to fail simply because of its fame, and so it will to a degree fail because for that ilk because nothing about this game will ever be enough.
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:33 pm

Saddly they have to waste the time responding to these, otherwise people will believe they are true and people won't provide more funding. Also a racist tag will stay with people if it's not refuted.
Eris

Postby Eris » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:41 pm

It seems to me that CIG did try to avoid getting involved. Their initial reaction was to make no public statements and I think they were hoping the whole thing would die out on it's own. But now Escapist has made allegations of actual illegal conduct, so at this point CIG is basically forced to respond. The doxing of CR and his family also raised the ante significantly - GamerGate is built on extreme harrassment and death threats, after all, so if they are starting to go after CR then he has to take it seriously.
Pappy

Postby Pappy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:48 pm

Seems to me its another try to destable CIG

Sandi is very effective at her job , going after her to try and get her to leave the project would be one of the means to make SC a thing of the past
Attacking Chris Roberts has a similar roll.
In the end these are troll tactics .
I dont care about these accusations
NotableJoe

Postby NotableJoe » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:20 am

I had never heard of GamerGate prior to this. What's their story?
Eris

Postby Eris » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:01 pm

NotableJoe wrote:I had never heard of GamerGate prior to this. What's their story?

Depending on who you ask it's really about ethics in game journalism, or it's an excuse for tens of thousands of people to harass and send death and rape threats to prominent women gamers and game makers.

Hint: it's not really about journalism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamergate_controversy

Return to “Star Citizen AA”