Negativity around the Starliner price tag

Rehab is not an option!
einnyen

Re: Negativity around the Starliner price tag

Postby einnyen » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:24 pm

The option to use it a troop transport, or a Command and Control ship, or even just a Night Club between the stars has me more than just a little intrigued. I just dont know that I'm willing to melt anything to pick one up at this time. Perhaps in the PU.
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:04 pm

Shank wrote:
Captain Glume wrote:I'm going to bag it wish fresh credits. That way, if it can be CCU'd, I can offer it up to a member later on and use the credits to CCU a Careck from my package.

Sounds like a plan Capt.

I will more than likely wait until the PU for mine.

;)

Eat my words, I melted my Carrack and a Reliant. I have enough exploration craft.
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:32 pm

You just couldn't resist the shiney could you? lol
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
NotableJoe

Postby NotableJoe » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:18 pm

I am starting to wonder if it's not a bit pricey for the size. At 80m, it's not significantly larger than the Retaliator and slightly smaller than the Starfarer. I'm not sure how they plan on having so much of what they showed in the video.

I'm wondering if it will end up growing a bit to have the kind of capacity they've been talking about.
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:27 pm

It is quite tall and wide in the body though.
Eris

Postby Eris » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:41 pm

NotableJoe wrote:I am starting to wonder if it's not a bit pricey for the size. At 80m, it's not significantly larger than the Retaliator and slightly smaller than the Starfarer. I'm not sure how they plan on having so much of what they showed in the video.

I'm wondering if it will end up growing a bit to have the kind of capacity they've been talking about.

Keep in mind that the price is not just about size of the ship. It's also about the cost of the ship in-game. Expect this to be very expensive if you buy it in-game for UEC.
Dren

Postby Dren » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:26 am

GENESIS STARLINER Q&A - PART 1 - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... rliner-Q-A

GENESIS STARLINER Q&A - PART 2 - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... rliner-Q-A

A lot of interesting information. Favorite

Why are there seats and sleep pods? Wouldn’t It be better to incorporate lifepods, restraints for takeoff/landing and sleeping area into one place (thinking that it would be something like the Connie’s ejection pod system)

Seats were placed in there for take off/lift off. We designed it this way to better fit logicially and aesthetically with what the norm of travel is now and how we handle it in other ships. We could however have a variant where all seats are removed. We have the technology. And I would love to see more variants be built up for this ship using the modularity of the interiors. I think this is a great challenge for the community to design interior layouts, and come up with Roles.

I would love to challenge the community to make the ultimate Starliner. You need to be able to explain its Role, purpose, and give us an interior layout that if and when the winner is chosen, we could build out using our current assets and functionality already planned. This ship really is a chameleon. No additional hardpoints, and use the stock model as a base.
last.fm   |    Steam    |   Twitter
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:53 am

I'm interested in this as a profession, but I would want a smaller ship to start off with. I'll wait and see what smaller "Ferries" they come up with. :)
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:05 pm

Shank wrote:
Shank wrote:
Captain Glume wrote:I'm going to bag it wish fresh credits. That way, if it can be CCU'd, I can offer it up to a member later on and use the credits to CCU a Careck from my package.

Sounds like a plan Capt.

I will more than likely wait until the PU for mine.

;)

Eat my words, I melted my Carrack and a Reliant. I have enough exploration craft.

Nice. The hull really is a nice system. With large rooms and multiple decks it should be very very flexible as a non offensive type ship.

I am very excited about this ship. If I have a spare hull that is close in price when the ccu time comes I may get two of them. :D
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:53 am

Enabler Spacelines

Fly the friendly Verse.

Return to “Star Citizen AA”