Any interest in an SC 'verse history primer?

Rehab is not an option!
Shank
Paste King of SC

Re: Any interest in an SC 'verse history primer?

Postby Shank » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:13 am

I'm all for it.
Serend

Postby Serend » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:55 am

Fettered wrote:As a historian I've always been fascinated by imagined histories like those in Sci-fi and fantasy worlds. I'm tempted to create a short primer on the history of the SC 'verse as a way to collect and better organize the history lore that has been presented on the main site. Would the SCAA members have any interest in seeing something like this?

This would be a much appreciated contribution! There are two issues regarding SC History, as I see it: collecting and organizing the Lore to help everyone get up to speed. And then there's the whole matter of keeping track and making sense of the important events that take place as the players begin to make Star Citizen happen now and in the future. As in: "Organization A asserts sovereignty claim in system/region X, provoking retaliation from Alliance Z, resulting in the Great Northern War." That sort of thing.

My background is in Eve Online, with its 'single sandbox' structure, which lends itself to this kind of history Not sure how the SC instance-based structure will lend itself to a coherent historical framework, but having someone try to keep track of the major events from day 1 would make for some very enjoyable participatory fiction, methinks.

Serend
Fettered

Postby Fettered » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:53 pm

I'll try to get started on the lore side of things this week, I've got grading to get caught up with first, but I should get that done soon.
CosmicTrader

Postby CosmicTrader » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:01 pm

Excellent idea. Glad there will a link to the CIG lores as they are hard to find.
Kordis

Postby Kordis » Fri May 09, 2014 6:02 am

A bit late to the party, but yes, this would be a fantastic addition.

Return to “Star Citizen AA”