Any interest in an SC 'verse history primer?

Rehab is not an option!
Fettered

Any interest in an SC 'verse history primer?

Postby Fettered » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:45 pm

As a historian I've always been fascinated by imagined histories like those in Sci-fi and fantasy worlds. I'm tempted to create a short primer on the history of the SC 'verse as a way to collect and better organize the history lore that has been presented on the main site. Would the SCAA members have any interest in seeing something like this?
Captain Glume

Re: Any interest in an SC 'verse history primer?

Postby Captain Glume » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:21 pm

Yes.

I plan on eventually writing my own back story for myself and my family. It's going to be part of my in game goals to achieve.

I just have to have time to sit down and write it. :(
Mil

Postby Mil » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Fettered wrote:Would the SCAA members have any interest in seeing something like this?

Even if I have to read much more content of the SC universe myself, I like that idea very much. For me it could be a very good check if I discovered all the content. :)
Behold! ... Nah, nevermind.
Eris

Postby Eris » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:13 pm

I think you've got a great idea Fettered. One thing I find problematic with the current set of lore and history items from CIG is that they are disorganized and it's hard to find them. Having a good reference and primer would be extremely helpful.
Starnemo

Postby Starnemo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:19 pm

Yes, please. :) The lore is very interesting, but like Eris wrote the items are hard to find. A primer sounds like a great idea.
Fettered

Postby Fettered » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Eris wrote:I think you've got a great idea Fettered. One thing I find problematic with the current set of lore and history items from CIG is that they are disorganized and it's hard to find them. Having a good reference and primer would be extremely helpful.

That is my problem with their lore at the moment too. I will include citations in my primer that will link to articles sources. I'll get started soon.
Dr_Anatine

Postby Dr_Anatine » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:04 pm

Yes, definitely. Unfortunately my life is very busy and demanding, leaving little time for recreation. I do love reading, but the vast quantity of lore has thus far scared the hell out of me.

I would be all for an executive summary or similar. And I think many newcomers would be as well.

What might be an idea is to have a primer with links to the longer narratives for those who wish to read about all those little details for those aspects that really interest them.

Cheers!
Batgirl

Postby Batgirl » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:30 am

I would love to see something like that. I plan on creating a history for my characters. A bit of history would be a nice way to add some flavor to it all.
Reaper

Postby Reaper » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Excellent idea I try to read the lore but i am quite sure i have missed a lot of it.
Kordis

Postby Kordis » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:22 am

I concur, fantastic idea.
I also have tried to keep up, but I'm sure there are bits I'm missing

Return to “Star Citizen AA”