My deepest apologies...

Rehab is not an option!
Cryospawn

My deepest apologies...

Postby Cryospawn » Tue May 13, 2014 7:24 pm

I had a question in the forums. (Yes, I am medicated and I think my texting filter is somewhat broken... But that really isn't an excuse...) And would like to apologize to my fellow enablers. I had spent a couple hours looking up any and all information that I could on the subject, and didn't really find any actual information on it. So, I posed the question in the Subscriber Forum. Mainly because I hoped that as it was in there, it would be treated less like the GC crowd seem to react to anything of a more controversial bent. I was unfortunately wrong...

So, I am now coming into our personal forums to apologize, and to hopefully gain my fellow enablers forgiveness. I honestly didn't realize just HOW much of a controversial topic it was. So again. I am sorry if this has caused my fellow enablers any discomfort, or even major gastronomic irritation...

:(
Shank
Paste King of SC

Re: My deepest apologies...

Postby Shank » Tue May 13, 2014 8:00 pm

I have not heard anything about it.

What was the question, maybe we can help answer it for you.
Cryospawn

Postby Cryospawn » Tue May 13, 2014 8:41 pm

It was in reference to having a pledge purchasable LTI for a ship, as there are no more single ship pledge packages that have LTI. I also asked if there was any information on how Insurance on Hulls will work in game, as I couldn't find anything that would have been able to inform me, and make any concerns about not having LTI on large cost Pledge Ships.

I know there was some animosity against people that brought up LTI, and all I was wanting to do was ask about either alternative possibilities, or more information to alleviate any concerns I had. There is nothing that explains cost of in game Insurance, or how that mechanic will be handled. The FAQ doesn't give more then a reference toward it, and then explain Component and Cargo insurance.

So, I asked my questions, and it started a flame war. I am mostly sorry because I don't want to give the Enablers any kind of bad publicity, and I don't want to cause any hard feelings among anyone in the forums.
De'Lineadeus

Postby De'Lineadeus » Tue May 13, 2014 9:08 pm

There's no need to apologise. The ones who should apologise are 85% of the @##]!! on the all the SC Forums

Why?

Because the forums combined contain, - 23 main forum section topics, each section contains 150 - 300 threads, each thread contains 10 - 2000 posts.

For anyone to bully you for not already knowing the answer to the question you want to ask, is demanding that you commit an act of lunacy, just to ask a question. By idiots who have been backers since 2012, treating anyone who didn't join with the period when they did with absolute distain, and dictating that you should have read hundreds of thousands of posts, before contemplating asking a question. If that's not a self superiority complex, then I don't know what is.

I'm willing to bet, there isn't a single person. backer, or subscriber, who has the capacity and time to sit down and read every thread and post, before asking a question. To do so is lunacy.

General internet blogs and forums generally do not have as must information to read through, as a massive game site over two years old, with over half a million subscribers, exponentially creating posts and threads. The understanding of the game is endlessly changing, and many old questions and answers are not being kept up to date, or dealt with. leading people to ask basic questions.

Anyone bullying or slandering anyone for not reading the forum first, is an idiot. The forum is now so huge, One can only do a rough search for the info their looking for, and go into as many threads as one can before insanity sets in.

That's why I rarely ask any questions of any kind on the main SC site anymore, cause its full of self superior ar# holes

So don't apologise

and PS: sorry I don't know the answer to your main SC forum question
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Tue May 13, 2014 11:09 pm

No need to throw everyone who pledged in 2012 under your bus. I pledged in 2012 and I don't do what you said. Most of the people who pledged early try to help people. Also some of those people who say they pledged and got LTI and others should not, don't have LTI they are Trolling to start flame wars.

No worries and no need to apologize.

On the LTI, it will be exactly the same as Hull Insurance you pay a monthly fee for. LTI just means you don't have to remember to make the payments. CIG has not set any prices yet and more than likely won't for a while. They have said monthly fees will be small, similar to what you pay for car insurance.

All in all LTI is just a convenience that only saves a small amount of in game money. Do not feel you need to go spend a lot of real life money on any LTI ships.

The Insurance mechanics are still being worked out, so anyone telling you there is a set of rules, ask them for a link to the information on the RSI forums.

Ignore anyone who says you caused any problems for us, because you did not. Anyone with a problem was looking for a reason to have a problem with someone, and that is not your fault.
Pathagarus

Postby Pathagarus » Wed May 14, 2014 1:17 am

As I said in the Den. No big deal you asked an innocent question, one which unfortunetly is a hot button. Live and learn. As Eris said there the search function is a joke :roll:
Cryospawn

Postby Cryospawn » Wed May 14, 2014 3:28 am

Thank you all. I only want to make sure that I don't cause issue with the community and the Enablers. You guys are a good crew, and I can't wait to get into the verse with you. I just want to not create drama for anyone.
JazAero

Postby JazAero » Wed May 14, 2014 5:33 pm

No need to apologize for asking a question. When people take personal offense to a question that I ask. I often wonder what is their motivation, because mine is never personal. you just have to let things slide off your shoulders and not let it affect you. Trust me, easier said than done,

if I may be allowed to add my $.02, I'm probably one of the most controversial posters on the forums. Because I ask tough questions and I frequently call to task CIG and Chris robbers in particular when they screw up. I don't hold them in any type of hero worship regard. because I worked in the same industry for nearly 35 years. To me they are just a bunch of people doing a job for which we pay them. true, it is a cool job but I look at it from the perspective of an industry professional.

good luck to you.
See you in verse
Olddragon

Postby Olddragon » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:29 pm

I have asked questions before as well that I couldn't find the answer to and got flames for it. Just ignore them, there only greefers and trolls anyway:) We will flame them later on in space:).

Return to “Star Citizen AA”