FPS/Social Modules are coming, Need Help with your PC?

Tell us about your computer and share advice with people planning upgrade
Eris

Re: FPS/Social Modules are coming, Need Help with your PC?

Postby Eris » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:43 pm

I've never been fond of extra buttons on the mouse - the fingers used to activate them are the same fingers I keep on the mouse at all times to maintain positional control. Of course, I've never tried any of the large form fitting mice - they might be different since I guess you use your palm more than anything to move them about.

Having said all that, I've got a Roccat Kova+. It's OK. It has a few extra buttons that I don't use, and it's got a high resolution mode that I also don't use.

Come to think of it, I really don't use the extra features of "gaming" mice, so just ignore me. :D
Waxman

Postby Waxman » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:44 pm

Forward and Back buttons, when manufacturers started implementing those two buttons, It took a while to get used to. Now wen I sit at a computer and use a mouse that doesn't have them, I am lost for about half a second.
More buttons on a mouse is a new and cool feature.

I would recommend an external usb hub and switching mice when gaming.
ImageImageMaster of the Hunt
einnyen

Postby einnyen » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:17 am

I have a Roccat Kone XTD and I love it.

In FPS I use almost every button on it and it feels great in the palm of my hand. Really love the side to side scroll on the wheel though.
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:59 pm

Believe it or not but I don't use a mouse.

I use a pen tablet for most of my computing these days. Of course as a tech I can use mice, either handed, but they are killer on the hand for anything fun.
For stuff that goes batcrap crazy with the tablet mouse grid system thingy I use a large hard to get trackball. For gaming I use game pads with the arrow keys mapped to the right stick and the mouse to the left.
einnyen

Postby einnyen » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:50 pm

Captain Glume wrote:Believe it or not but I don't use a mouse.

I use a pen tablet for most of my computing these days. Of course as a tech I can use mice, either handed, but they are killer on the hand for anything fun.
For stuff that goes batcrap crazy with the tablet mouse grid system thingy I use a large hard to get trackball. For gaming I use game pads with the arrow keys mapped to the right stick and the mouse to the left.

You aren't the only person I know that does this. With a bit of work I've seen this type of setup work extremely well.

I've never understood why the large track balls are so scarce. It would seem to be a product that has a large, and growing, audience.
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A

Return to “Hardware”