3 over one monitor stand

Tell us about your computer and share advice with people planning upgrade
Waxman

3 over one monitor stand

Postby Waxman » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:32 pm

Just purchased a 3 over 1 monitor stand.

Well a 3 x 1 stand and the upgrade kit. I purchased them from amazon because the wsgf site looked "odd"
also bought a neoprene pad a level and 100 Velcro cable ties. Saved about 70 dollars too

Had to go with the telescoping bars instead of a five way, but I'm not doing a 5 x 1 portrait setup.
When I get it all setup I'll post pictures and write up a review
ImageImageMaster of the Hunt
Solaias

Re: 3 over one monitor stand

Postby Solaias » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:34 pm

That sounds like one heavy set-up.
How stable is that going to be? I assume it is clamping to a desk?
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
Waxman

Postby Waxman » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:22 pm

Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:06 pm

NICE!
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:49 pm

Looks good.
Waxman

Postby Waxman » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:50 pm

I'll just start by saying HOLY CRAP. This is awesome.

1. The 3 monitor stand arrived this morning!! Amazon was not even supposed to start to ship till the 9th.

2. The stand is a beast!! Heavy as lead, to be honest the stand is made from the same material as a Joe Weider barbell set.

3. Assembly was a snap. Took all of 5 minutes to assemble. Do not have the +1 upgrade nor the monitors yet so cannot setup yet.

Early thoughts.
Stand is not flimsy or weak, even with the arms fully extended to 27" support, there is no sag whatsoever, even if I push down on the ends.
Every joint is machined and adjustable, they have included all necessary allen keys and VESA screws. Joints are well oiled and moves with only a fair amount of force applied. So if you adjust one monitor, you wont move the others. Base is one massive plate of cast iron, 70% of the weight is the base plate. Not a lot of cable fasteners (hence the purchase of more) so get some additional ties if you get one of these awesome stands.

Stand was $222, so not cheap, and the quality is excellent. Very Happy, Waxman just says it's cool, and thanked me for buying it for him.
Waxman

Postby Waxman » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:00 pm

Spoke slightly to soon, the upgrade kit to add the accessory display also came today, just about 1 hour after the stand.

Upgrade kit installed flawlesly in around 5 minutes. You have to remove the 16" pole which comes with the stand and replace it with the 28" pole that comes with the upgrade kit. You slide toe monitor bar on before you install the top mount. 28" pole and top mount are glossy instead of matte black.

Now I have a spare 16" pole I can use as a billy club, that will discourage boarders.
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:39 pm

All you need now then is the monitors. :)
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:24 pm

Wow that thing sounds sweet. I have a sit/stand desk with a dedicated panel system. I have monitors that can be attached to any point along its system. It is nice but really, are you going to move the monitor mount once it is mounted... So in hindsight not as useful as I first thought so yours sure sounds good!
Waxman

Postby Waxman » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:11 pm

I have no plans at this time where I'd move the monitor stand. It is possible as it is not a fixed mount. The base sits on a neoprene pad.
So I could move it in the future to my new desk when the time comes, or swivel it where I can play when I'm laid up in bed, Happens more then I like.

Next desk mod is a false wall that I can mire my cables through. Think a well panel on Star Trek) The wall is only 3 Inch thick and is hallow and the inner wall opens for easy access to the wires. There is an inner wall and an outer wall so the desk looks neat from both sides. If I ever get it into my warped ex-military mind to move it into the middle of the room, it wont be fugly. Lots of USB devices connected to the back of my pc, so I'm getting a powered usb 3.0 hub. Four speaker wires and a subwoofer cable are also cluttering up the mix.

My next desk mod after the cord management is my flexible tablet swing arm for when the companion app goes live, sometime around the end of the year or so if I remember correctly. The flexible tablet arm/mount will allow me to position a touch tablet where I can quickly get to it without having to let go of my controls and pick up and hold the tablet. I know that most tablets come with stands but I also want it not to take up room on my small desk.

This is why I have not been buying ships. I've been collecting toys. Some ships. but mostly toys and physical goods.

Return to “Hardware”