not a good day

Tell us about your computer and share advice with people planning upgrade
Eris

Re: not a good day

Postby Eris » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:26 pm

Waxman wrote:Thanks for the links, but I loath headsets. There are only one or two headsets that sound as good as my speakers.

I have almost got super hearing, Spock hearing or dog hearing lol. So headset drive me nuts because if they are not able to play stupidly high audio, I always hear the whine.

I'm with you on that. I use Alesis studio monitors for my speakers. I do have a headset, and a good professional grade one, but I still have to run the sound through a 32 band EQ when I use the headset in order to get the frequency balance I like (the headset is geared towards broadcast work, so it's balanced more for voice than music).
Waxman

Postby Waxman » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:08 pm

I use a 5.1 or a 7.1 with tallboys and loadspeakers. Very high bitrate and HZ
as high as I can get them. Volume set to a low level usually around 5db - 10db. This way I can hear everything from a pin drop to a scream.

Audio preset is DolbyTrue HD
Unlike most audio formats, Dolby® TrueHD is 100 percent lossless. This means that what you hear is bit-for-bit identical to the master recording.
ImageImageMaster of the Hunt
Waxman

Postby Waxman » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:05 pm

I was installing my replacement GTX 970 today (interrupted several times for a delivery, not that I'm complaining)
Ran my Unigine Heaven DX 11 Benchmark and all checks out so far. Need to toggle my 5th PCIE lane on and test SLI.

Crosses fingers

So far everything is a ok
ImageImageMaster of the Hunt

Return to “Hardware”