Tell us a tale

There once was a ship from Nantucket...
Eris

Tell us a tale

Postby Eris » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:40 pm

We had a request for a Fan Fiction section, so here it is. Do you have stories to tell in the Star Citizen Universe? Share them with us here!
Ckaos2002

Re: Tell us a tale

Postby Ckaos2002 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:26 am

ooh cool. i like this. Kinda late tonight but i will be back.
Ckaos2002

Postby Ckaos2002 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:46 pm

hey,

i am not so familiar with the Chris Roberts universe. Is there any place i can go to read some background? Does anyone know a few links or something?

Thanks in advance!
Eris

Postby Eris » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:00 pm

For Star Citizen there really isn't anything to do except go the comm-link page, scroll down and down and down until you get the beginning, and start reading it all. (Note, if you do scroll down all the way, I urge you to use your browser to savea local copy of the page so you never have to scroll all the way down again!)

For CR's older games and great resourece is the Wing Commander Information Center. The "Universe" and "Games" links at the top of the apge should get you started.
Ckaos2002

Postby Ckaos2002 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:29 pm

i did find some abreviated synopsis of the previous games abd i'm reading the comm-link spectrum dispatch... it appears that this game doesnt hold to the previous games universe.. even though they seem a bit similar in some respects.

Anyway... i've been slowly plodding through the "Time Capsule" time line story in between responding to emails for work..
Eris

Postby Eris » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:12 pm

No, they aren't the same universe at all. But SC is expected to have similar gameply ideas, if not actual mechanics. Consider jump points, for example. Those are virtually unchanged from the original concept found in Wing Commander back in the day.
Ckaos2002

Postby Ckaos2002 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:35 am

answering my own question for others who might have the same question in the future.

There is a group of posting on the Star Citizen site under CommLink Spectrum Dispatch called "Writer's Guide"

i'm just now about to read through it myself but it is broken up into 13 posts from what i can see.

here is a link https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link?channel=spectrum-dispatch&series=writers-guide&type=&text=&sort=publish_new

This is probably a really good place to start if your looking for guidelines and such for writting stories in Star Citizen universe. (I guessing since i haven't started reading through it yet)
Eris

Postby Eris » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:48 am

Yes, the Writer's Guide series is a good place to start. The "Lore Builder" and "News Update" series would probably be your next stops, then. You can see the different series available in the drop down boxes on the comm-link page: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link
Ckaos2002

Postby Ckaos2002 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:58 am

Thank you Eris

Having read through the writers guide, i would highly recommend it as a starting point for aspiring Star Citizen Fan Fiction writers.

I've read through the Time Line group of stories as well. I would say this might be a good follow up to the writers guide. It seems to tie in nicely to the writers guide sequentially. I've not yet had a chance to read the other groups that Eris has suggested but they are high on my reading list. :)

I'll continue to post my findings for other new budding Star Citizen fan fiction writers.

Return to “Fan Fiction”