Auction Feedback Thread

I bet 400 quatloos on Kirk.

Moderators: Board, Queen

mohoc

Re: Auction Feedback Thread

Postby mohoc » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:05 am

mohoc wrote:
Eris wrote:I hear you. I don't think I'd ever buy anything on the open market either, but this auctinos works out well since it benefits CIG and the Enablers.

Yup. Just to bad I will miss the next one. I always work weekends (Fridays thru Sundays, 14 hour shifts), so I always miss things like these auctions when they fall on those days. This one I was off work for.

Also, if you end auctions 23:59:59 EST/EDT (use forum post clock), you get prime time West Coast and will probably not be to late for us folks on the East Coast. Anything with a stamp on the next minute is to late to be considered as a valid bid. No need to play with locking the thread the correct second.
mohoc

Postby mohoc » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:08 am

mohoc wrote:
mohoc wrote:
Eris wrote:I hear you. I don't think I'd ever buy anything on the open market either, but this auctinos works out well since it benefits CIG and the Enablers.

Yup. Just to bad I will miss the next one. I always work weekends (Fridays thru Sundays, 14 hour shifts), so I always miss things like these auctions when they fall on those days. This one I was off work for.

Also, if you end auctions 23:59:59 EST/EDT (use forum post clock), you get prime time West Coast and will probably not be to late for us folks on the East Coast. Anything with a stamp on the next minute is to late to be considered as a valid bid. No need to play with locking the thread the correct second.

In addition, you could make it so that if someone posts in the previous minute, you extend the auction by a minute. So that a whole minute has to pass with no bids before the auction ends.
Eris

Postby Eris » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:17 am

Eastern time isn't entirely as useful as it sounds. Don't forget that we also have some people in Europe (Reaper, Tanis, and Serend come to mind) and they might be interested in the upcoming ships. (Tanis has bid on a couple of things already.) An auction ending at midnight EST would be ending at 6 or 7 am for our European members.
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:18 pm

mohoc wrote:

If a major bidder is unable to take part can the rest of the major bidders agree to move the date of the auction? What do you all say?
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:21 pm

Ok, last night in bed I realized my timing error. I had the timer set to expire at 23.59 GMT to make it be 48 hours, but math challenged me forgot that it is at the END of the 23.59 it needs to reach 0 and not at the START.

So I have now made all the timers stop as it hits the 0000 GMT mark instead of 3959 GMT.

Sorry for all the confusion.

Ok. So any other changes we want to make? Or does this now sound fair to all?
Eris

Postby Eris » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:06 pm

For my part, I will not be bidding on anything else, so changing the dates/times does not affect me.
mohoc

Postby mohoc » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:31 pm

Eris wrote:For my part, I will not be bidding on anything else, so changing the dates/times does not affect me.

We might have other auctions that you are peak your interest in the future.
Eris

Postby Eris » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:41 pm

I'm sure there will be others that interest me, but financially my next priorities are hardware ugrades. Besides, I'm mostly interested in the non-combat oriented ships. Unless a Banu Merchantman comes up I doubt if I'll be getting anything else until the 890 Jump and Carrack come out.
Gotrek65

Postby Gotrek65 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:35 pm

Yeah I didnt really want the caterpillar all that much. I just bid on it to give you some competition. Hopfully the Retaliator auction won't be as fierce as the last 2
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Gotrek65 wrote:Hopfully the Retaliator auction won't be as fierce as the last 2

I have a feeling that one will be very fierce. :twisted:

Return to “Contests & Events”