My name is Felicia FasterThanLight and I have an addiction

The first step is admitting that there is no problem.
FeliciaFTL

My name is Felicia FasterThanLight and I have an addiction

Postby FeliciaFTL » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:19 am

I am Felicia FasterThanLight and I am a Star Citizen addict. I have now spent over a thousand dollars feeding my habit and I am still not sated. I have trained Voicebot
to remind me every time I fly: "I only belong to you because you spend a fortune on ships that are not real". All to no avail.

First I was smart. I had a plan. I would pledge for a Aurora MR, then CCU my way up through the ships to try them all: Aurora, 325A, Avenger, Gladius. Ohhh! Gladius.
I fell in love. The speed...the manoeuvrability...ok, not so much the guns. I could fly in Vanduul Swarm to my hearts content showing destain for their efforts to kill me.
I just couldn't kill them. Wave after wave would die by the NPCs or ram into the barrier. Never by my hand. I have often pondered if it possible to clear all 18 waves without firing
a shot. I may never know.

So I couldn't part with my Gladius it was...precious to me...

But I had to move on. There was a ship I had to have. I spent years of my life, unemployed, playing Freelancer. How could I not have one? Stick to the plan Felicia, first
a Cutlass Black, another hundred simoleons. No, no not what I want, GIVE ME MY FREELANCER! And it was mine...my precious (MK2, you will always be my first love Gladius).
This is where I went off the rails.

Veterans Day. With the Freelancer had come a loaner Hornet. Finally I could kill things in VS, but it was just a teaser. It wasn't really mine, just a pre-game loaner.
And then that fateful day it all came unhinged. Veterans Day: Limited edition Super Hornet back on sale, this week only. Arrrgh!

That was the end of all sanity. Every Thursday found me rushing home to ATV, what is next, what is next? LTI! A Drake Buccaneer with LTI. Give me three!
I need one to CCU into a Freelancer replacing the one with piddly 6 month insurance...one to CCU into a Caterpillar, because morphing is what caterpillars do.
Oh and one to actually be a Buccaneer. It never ends.

Ohhh! Dragonfly. The madness never ends...it truly never ends...
Eris

Re: My name is Felicia FasterThanLight and I have an addiction

Postby Eris » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:55 pm

Hello and welcome to the fun house! (OK, this forum is actually not all that fun, but you get my meaning I'm sure).

Sounds like you've come down with a case of SAD - Ship Acquisition Syndrome.
FeliciaFTL

Postby FeliciaFTL » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:43 pm

Sounds like a very good diagnosis. I suppose there is no cure. Maybe a release ready Star Citizen PU, but that is only in early clinical trials.

There is something therapeutic in killing Vanduul after a long hard day at work. I'm also working on learning to race without crashing into buildings.
einnyen

Postby einnyen » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:27 am

Welcome Felicia!

I think you'll fit in rather well around here. Please join us sunday nights, or really most any night in Mumble. Friday through Sunday are when we're most active with Sunday being our game night. We play many different games on Sunday. Just try not to get dismayed when you can't get a word in. Nikki has this tendency to talk over everyone. ;)
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A
FeliciaFTL

Postby FeliciaFTL » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:36 pm

Looking forward to it!
Shank
Paste King of SC