While my Bank Account gently weeps

The first step is admitting that there is no problem.

While my Bank Account gently weeps

Postby JonnyC » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:52 pm

Hi, I'm Jonny and I'm an addict.

I never meant to let it get this far but... I just couldn't help myself!!
It all started in September 2013. I was a Soldier in the British Army with 5 months left till returning to Civilian life, I had lots of disposable income and no where to spend it. I stumbled upon a youtube video, that video cost me hundreds of dollars. It was the original trailer for Star Citizen and it promised everything I wanted in a space sim. Moments later I was the proud owner of a Cutlass. I got it on looks mainly and the added bonus of an asteroid hangar.

Not long after, the week long LTI sale was announced. I knew it would result in another dent in my funds but this time I tried to justify it. A close friend of mine who I'd served with in Afghanistan had seen the game but couldn't afford the ship he really wanted (a connie) and wanted it with LTI. I volunteered to buy it for him but suggested that he got a Retalliator instead as it was more military, had a Captains cabin and, as my friends knick name is Bomber, it just made sense. So I brought it for him.

January 2014 I'm at home taking my Last bit of leave before discharge. Bomber sends me a message: "Mate, want the money for the tali?". I couldn't let it go! I just couldn't!! But bomber understood and brought himself a connie and we were both happy.

Since then its been a bit of a blur. The Gladius appeared and it became mine. Bomber and I created an Org and spent a week creating in-game profiles and Org history (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/OTLINC). If you get a chance please have a look and a quick read feedback would be amazing!!

Finally the Cutlass was released to the hangar with its variants. Once more, my wallet called and so did the Cutlass blue. It was only another $50 that's not that much in British Pounds!

Since then I've been a good boy, I saw the reclaimer and disabled all my wireless devices till the sale ended. It was a close one but I held out. I think now I am in control but in the back of my mind I know that the only reason I'm not buying ships is because I'll be buying a new pc. So I can spend all my free time staring at my ships in glorious 4K!

Fly safe.
Jonny AKA Howzer
Paste King of SC

Re: While my Bank Account gently weeps

Postby Shank » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:58 am

Welcome aboard and thanks for your service to your country.

Return to “Confessions of a Star Citizen Addict”