My Name Is Druitt and I'm An Addict

The first step is admitting that there is no problem.
Druitt

My Name Is Druitt and I'm An Addict

Postby Druitt » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:13 pm

My path to star citizen is slightly different from most.

At the time i was stationed in Germany. Reticently i returned from a deployment and had cash to spend so i ordered all the parts and built myself a beast gaming rig. ssd's 2x gpu liquid cooling...the works. Sadly the internet in my apartment was HORRIBLE! i'm talking 200kbs down and 20kbs up on a good day. So with this new rig i started searching for new single player games to play. At the time there wasn't really many options. Everything was either an MMO, online only, or a port from console which i didn't want to play. I was looking for a PC exclusive... something to push my new super computer. So i did a search for cry engine games in production and saw Star Citizen listed there. My world was completely changed from that point forward. I remember for the next 3 days i did nothing but read every page on their site. Every minute i was getting more and more addicted. Finally on Sep 4 2013 i had come to the conclusion that i was going to back this project. The first package i got was a digital freelancer pack. But by that time the hooks were already in me. It wasn't 2 days later when i had a cutlass sitting in my cart, a week later till i also had an avenger, a month and i was subscribed. To this day i still hold my subscription but have work diligently to curb my addiction. As i'm sure it's the same with the rest of you there are still more ships i cant wait to get my hands on. When TNGS started i was shocked at the way CIG was interacting with the community and getting everyone involved with the process. I followed the whole series very closely and looked forward to each new episode. only hoping that i would be able to maybe meet these people some day. Shake Chris Roberts hand and congratulate them on not only this amazing game but the community they are building around it. Then something shocking happened... By the time the TNGS Finale show was getting ready to happen i had moved from Germany back to California... I saw the post on twitter about them giving out 10 tickets to go in person to see the final event. Excited but not optimistic i entered the contest with 0 expectations to win... The next day my phone got a text I was one of the 10 people selected to go! Talk about a whole new level of excitement. I cleared my schedule for that day and the fiance and i drove down and got to attend the TNGS Finale. Talk about an amazing experience. Not only had a dream come true but i got to meet Chris Roberts shake his hand and tell him how much i loved what he was doing. Being able to do that was something huge for me and i feel honored to be apart of this community. Now with some hard work I've curbed my spending but that has little change to my addiction. Every single day i find myself on the forums and you tube looking for new information. Or enjoying some of the backer created content. This has been quite a journey and I've met some amazing people so far. Words cant express how excited i am to see the amazing things to come in the future. This community is something like I've never seen before and i feel like i'm apart of something big in history. Now I've probably been rambling for way too long and i'll let you guys get back to scouring the forums for new information but thank you for taking the time to hear my story. I look forward to seeing you all in the verse!

Druitt
Randallone

Re: My Name Is Druitt and I'm An Addict

Postby Randallone » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:43 pm

welcome Druitt. while there may be no cure for you affliction, you're among friends.

Great that you got a chance to meet CR in person.

fly fast
Freelancer Dur, 315P,Rare Gems and Alien Artifacts
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:42 am

Welcome to the funny farm.

:D
Reaper

Postby Reaper » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:44 pm

Welcome :)
Batgirl

Postby Batgirl » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:43 pm

Great job! Welcome to the thread... you are entered of course and thank you for posting.
Pathagarus

Postby Pathagarus » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:30 am

Welcome aboard!

Just remember Shank's paste is REALLY good at plugging you up :P
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:33 am

I'm a dunder head, thanks for your service.

;)

Return to “Confessions of a Star Citizen Addict”