Org Alpha assets. Time to spend them?

Moderators: Board, Queen

User avatar
Captain Glume
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:11 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

Org Alpha assets. Time to spend them?

Postby Captain Glume » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:08 pm

Hey board.

We have:
1x $120 - Lightspeed - LTI package
2x $40 - Aurora MR+ Package (w/ Alpha)


With the now confirmation that a Star Marine access pass will be required should we contest or sell the above pledges to members that can then ditch their AC pass and forgo the SM pass?
Image
User avatar
Eris
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: Org Alpha assets. Time to spend them?

Postby Eris » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:22 pm

Yes. We should not hang onto these any more.

The only problem I foresee is actually finding someone who wants or needs them - most of the Enablers seem to have alpha access already. Still, they are meltable anyway, so they should make nice prizes. Also, we have enough people playing on Sunday now that we might finally have enough interest to run some sort of contest.
Image
User avatar
Captain Glume
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:11 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

Re: Org Alpha assets. Time to spend them?

Postby Captain Glume » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:29 pm

One thing we COULD do with the alpha packages if no one wants them is donate them to Nikki's show as prizes. I'm sure they would make very welcome prizes.

We could do something similar with the Lightspeed package. Do one of them Org awareness drives were people put the "I want to win a blah" as sigs.
Image
User avatar
Shank
Paste King of SC
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:06 pm
Location: USA Texas

Re: Org Alpha assets. Time to spend them?

Postby Shank » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:30 pm

On the packages maybe have the Lightspeed as 1st and the MR as 2nd, with at drive that if you have subbed to Nikki's channel and are an Enabler you can enter.
User avatar
Captain Glume
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:11 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

Re: Org Alpha assets. Time to spend them?

Postby Captain Glume » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:13 pm

Me again... this topic again...

So... we have a couple of nice packages in our Org coffers...

Let me list them for you (just the packages, not the gift cards):

1x $120 - Lightspeed - LTI package

2x $35 - AMD Never Settle Space Edition Package (paid $30 for each plus CDN>USD exchange rate) Listed price adjusted to show paid value.
2x $40 - Aurora MR+ Package (w/ Alpha)

2x $80 - Gladius (ship only) w/LTI
5x $15 - Hartwell Music Sentinel 88G

The red items have a time limited benefit, the yellow less so as it is also LTI but will lose the alpha perk as well.


So, what do we do with them? I would have thought we'd give out many more prizes by now but we can't seem to decide what to do with the Org assets.

Now some good news. The Dr. and I have decided to put in another 1K USD ($1350 CDN for those wondering, lol) to be able to make proper use of our DC package and the CCU potential it holds. So... This allows us to skirt the PITA gifting rules that CIG surprised us with.

If we so choose we can auction off these items, with the payments going to myself. I then spend the non transferable credits for my own devious needs and when the time comes pop in the USD credit that is fully giftable for whatever we end up doing with the monies.

So. What do we want to do with our assets? Buy Org owned assets (890 Jump?, Escort carrier, etc etc) or is it for prizes?

Should we ask this question to the Org membership in a vote?

But regardless of the grand plan, the alpha packages will lose value the longer they go unused... So we do need to decide on them sooner then later.
Image
User avatar
Shank
Paste King of SC
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:06 pm
Location: USA Texas

Re: Org Alpha assets. Time to spend them?

Postby Shank » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:42 pm

I don't think we should sell them since buying them back cost more.

I thought we had decided to wait until the PU to buy any of the large ships in game for the org?

On using them as prizes, unless it is bringing in members I think they should stay Org ships, for everyone to use.

I don't think we should have give aways just to have give aways. There is a finite amount of org assets.
User avatar
Captain Glume
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:11 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

Re: Org Alpha assets. Time to spend them?

Postby Captain Glume » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:33 pm

Shank wrote:I don't think we should sell them since buying them back cost more.

We wouldn't buy back anything we sold. We'd use the proceeds to buy other stuff. Like something large perhaps.
Shank wrote:I thought we had decided to wait until the PU to buy any of the large ships in game for the org?

Well if we are going to buy org stuff with UEC and not USD, then we need to spend what we have now along the way...
Shank wrote:On using them as prizes, unless it is bringing in members I think they should stay Org ships, for everyone to use.

A fair idea, but small, easy to get items seem pointless for Org owned assets. Isn't it better for something large?
Shank wrote:I don't think we should have give aways just to have give aways. There is a finite amount of org assets.

We need to figure out what we want to do, hence me bringing this topic up again and again. ;)
Image
User avatar
Eris
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: Org Alpha assets. Time to spend them?

Postby Eris » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:04 pm

So. Brainstorming ideas. What to do with these packages. They have alpha access. One has LTI.

- give away in random drawing.
- give away as contest prizes.
- give away as rewards for specific people who promote the org. (Solaias comes to mind - always around in the forums keeping conversations going, always at the Sunday flight, steps up to promote org activities when I forget.)
- keep as starting org assets.
- keep and eventually melt to purchase other assets
- keep and eventually sell in the PU.
- offer up for purchase by members (members trades something to us which we melt for the credit)
- do nothing for now and wait until actual ownership by the Org itself (as opposed to a member) is supported by CIG, then transfer to the org and make a decision then.

I understand wanting to give these out to brand new members who don't have alpha access, but honestly I don't see that being a possibility unless we go on a major and active recruitment drive. By the time people find out about us and join us they are usually already playing AC and are well into their SC addiction, so a package with alpha access is just not very special to them. We'd have to start recruiting in GC and trying to find people who don't have alpha access yet - i.e. very new SC backers and people who are not yet backers. That would be a difficult sell, and furthermore we really couldn't advertize the packages without running afoul of the CIG forum contest restrictions.
Image
User avatar
Captain Glume
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:11 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

Re: Org Alpha assets. Time to spend them?

Postby Captain Glume » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:25 pm

Eris wrote:So. Brainstorming ideas. What to do with these packages. They have alpha access. One has LTI.

- give away in random drawing.
- give away as contest prizes.
- give away as rewards for specific people who promote the org. (Solaias comes to mind - always around in the forums keeping conversations going, always at the Sunday flight, steps up to promote org activities when I forget.)
- keep as starting org assets.
- keep and eventually melt to purchase other assets
- keep and eventually sell in the PU.
- offer up for purchase by members (members trades something to us which we melt for the credit)
- do nothing for now and wait until actual ownership by the Org itself (as opposed to a member) is supported by CIG, then transfer to the org and make a decision then.

Basically what I said above so we are on the same page. But I'm trying to get the answers to the questions...
Eris wrote:I understand wanting to give these out to brand new members who don't have alpha access, but honestly I don't see that being a possibility unless we go on a major and active recruitment drive. By the time people find out about us and join us they are usually already playing AC and are well into their SC addiction, so a package with alpha access is just not very special to them. We'd have to start recruiting in GC and trying to find people who don't have alpha access yet - i.e. very new SC backers and people who are not yet backers. That would be a difficult sell, and furthermore we really couldn't advertize the packages without running afoul of the CIG forum contest restrictions.


I answered the CIG rules regarding advertising in this thread a year ago so we are good there.
Image
User avatar
Reaper
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:12 pm
Location: Dublin,Ireland

Re: Org Alpha assets. Time to spend them?

Postby Reaper » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:43 pm

Ok a while ago we wanted to change our logo so I would suggest we put the 325 up as a prize.

We would show our current logo and and either invite contestants to make a variation on it or something totally different.
We would need to give a description on what we are about the colours required or leave colours up to entrants as part of the competition include a banner display into the mix for the AMD ships.

Run for a Month.

What do you think?.
Image

Return to “The Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest