Org Logo, can we settle this forever?

Moderators: Board, Queen

Captain Glume

Org Logo, can we settle this forever?

Postby Captain Glume » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:02 pm

Hey friends. A sticky topic. Our Org Logo...

I would very much like to look into getting shirts/badges for CIG events and gifts to CIG.

This requires us to have a vector logo... So. We discussed changing the logo. In either case we need a logo that is in a vector format so it can be resized and whatnot. We can get our current one done up by an artist or have a new logo.

So we need to get this settled.

Discuss.
Eris

Re: Orgo Logo, can we settle this forever?

Postby Eris » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:42 pm

As for a new logo entirely, I don't see that happening any more. We've had this discussion multiple times and never reached a consensus.

As for a vector art version, someone should ask Pappy if he can do that. if he can't then perhaps one of us could. (I can't - I lack that skill). Hiring someone to do it would probably not be that expensive (maybe hire someone off of deviant art?) but we'd need board approval to pay the funds, and it seems nearly impossible to get everyone on the board to respond to these threads.

I'm half of the opinion that we need to adopt a rule that if a majority of those responding within a week approve of any proposal, then the proposal is accepted regardless of the opinions later expressed by others who didn't show up to the original discussion.
Pathagarus

Re: Org Logo, can we settle this forever?

Postby Pathagarus » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:01 pm

Keep it but have Pappy or another artist convert it. my 2 UEC.
jaustin89

Postby jaustin89 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:03 am

Eris wrote:As for a new logo entirely, I don't see that happening any more. We've had this discussion multiple times and never reached a consensus.

As for a vector art version, someone should ask Pappy if he can do that. if he can't then perhaps one of us could. (I can't - I lack that skill). Hiring someone to do it would probably not be that expensive (maybe hire someone off of deviant art?) but we'd need board approval to pay the funds, and it seems nearly impossible to get everyone on the board to respond to these threads.

I'm half of the opinion that we need to adopt a rule that if a majority of those responding within a week approve of any proposal, then the proposal is accepted regardless of the opinions later expressed by others who didn't show up to the original discussion.

I can give it a shot if Pappy can't do it in vector; I have Autocad that works in vector and if I can't get it to output the right type of file I think Gimp will work in vector as well.

As for getting responses from board members I typically only respond if I disagree with the majority sentiment or have input that hasn't been expressed so I'm fine with the one week thing.
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:19 pm

Eris wrote:As for a new logo entirely, I don't see that happening any more. We've had this discussion multiple times and never reached a consensus.

I'm for getting Pappy or jaustin89 to do it.

If there is a discussion that board members need to take part in, there should be a way to notify them that a topic is up. There have been times in the passed dealing with my Union where people try to say there was a discussion on a topic, but no one knows about it except that groups inner circle.
Reaper

Postby Reaper » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:23 pm

I like that last one Pappy did and if him or Jaustin89 can do it great I have a patch maker lined up already.
Eris

Postby Eris » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:19 am

jaustin89 wrote:

I can give it a shot if Pappy can't do it in vector; I have Autocad that works in vector and if I can't get it to output the right type of file I think Gimp will work in vector as well.

As for getting responses from board members I typically only respond if I disagree with the majority sentiment or have input that hasn't been expressed so I'm fine with the one week thing.

I don't think GIMP can do vector format,s but Inkscape can and that's free too.
arcbinder

Postby arcbinder » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:44 am

Forum didn't send me an email about this :( Will have to check this board speculatively more often.

I'd like a new emblem, but we've tried and failed to change it, so I'm resigned to it.
Eris

Postby Eris » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:16 pm

arcbinder wrote:Forum didn't send me an email about this :( Will have to check this board speculatively more often.

I'd like a new emblem, but we've tried and failed to change it, so I'm resigned to it.

Hmmm. I get emails from the board about things. I wonder if your ISP is blocking us or marking the mail as spam?
arcbinder

Postby arcbinder » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:23 am

Eris wrote:
arcbinder wrote:Forum didn't send me an email about this :( Will have to check this board speculatively more often.

Hmmm. I get emails from the board about things. I wonder if your ISP is blocking us or marking the mail as spam?

Well, I got one this time. I guess last time it got lost somehow :/

Return to “The Board”