Rewarding members that promote org togetherness.

Moderators: Board, Queen

Captain Glume

Rewarding members that promote org togetherness.

Postby Captain Glume » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:51 pm

As some of you may have noticed I awarded Waxman a $25 gift card for his continuing efforts of providing Org activities. I thought about posting here and getting approval but figured that if Waxman's efforts didn't qualify then what would...

If I've overstepped my bounds say so (no hard feelings here, I need to know my boundary's) and I'll just pay for it myself. ;)
Eris

Re: Rewarding members that promote org togetherness.

Postby Eris » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:27 pm

I have no problem with this.
jaustin89

Postby jaustin89 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:21 am

I hove no issue with it; we probably should set a limit for what any board member can give away without needing to consult the board though.

Something like $50 total every 6 months or similar; though perhaps it would make more sense to base it on percentage of the total org funds instead.
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:07 pm

I agree with giving Waxman $25 reward. Though I do believe that all financial stuff should have approval from the board before being handed out.

Just some background on why I want checks and balances.

I was the President of our Union's Local right after our former President was removed for embezzling the accounts down to a couple of thousand and the Treasurer, her best friend, claimed ignorance even though she signed some of the checks that were not supposed to be used. They both got "paid" for work not done, or 8 hours for making a phone call even if they did not make contact with who they were calling. This was made easier by the President before her, because he changed the bank accounts and did not put the National Treasurer on the new account, he did this on purpose because he decided that the money should be only controlled by the Local even though it violated Labor Laws, this allowed the next President to withdraw funds without outside monitoring. The Trustees were told many times when they asked to see the books that the Treasurer was having marital problems and she had to catch up on her work she was being paid to do. It took me and the other new Officers not taking any pay and penny pinching for 3 years to get the books back to where they had funds to properly cover full operating cost, at that time we finally received the funds that were repaid by the Former President's ex-husband. The current President has the attitude that if it is there is should be spent so that there is nothing if the National decides to take over the books again. So, busting my butt along with other to get things back into some order and now seeing that wasted.
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:49 pm

What a sad tale... :(

But as you can see, getting an answer on this has taken weeks and weeks and is still not everyone. That is why I jumped while the iron was hot and just stated I'd cover the cost of the reward if it was contentious. I fully understand your reasons and I agree with them fully. :ugeek:
arcbinder

Postby arcbinder » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:11 pm

I saw it, there just wasn't actually a question being asked.

In principle, I'm fine with it. But we have to be careful how much we're giving away if we want to keep any org holdings for when the game goes live.
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:32 pm

Do we want to keep USD assets when the game goes live? I figured by then we'd just get UEC from members to buy the big toys and hangar spaces...
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:34 pm

I do believe some of the assets we have now should be used to start the Org fleet.
Eris

Postby Eris » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:07 pm

Shank wrote:I do believe some of the assets we have now should be used to start the Org fleet.

That seems reasonable, though of course, we need to wait until we know how org assets are actually going to work. I'd hate for us to commit funds too soon and only later find out that it's going to be hard to transfer things to the org.

Return to “The Board”