Meeting minutes, Oct 21

Moderators: Board, Queen

User avatar
Eris
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas, USA
Contact:

Meeting minutes, Oct 21

Postby Eris » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:31 am

Things we'd like the current logo to have
  • The existing design
  • Flat textures
  • Be done in Illustrator so that it can scale to any size.

For a new logo
  • Do we want a new one? Yes.
  • Maybe have a logo contest? Yes.
  • Maybe have come up with some ideas and pass them on the Pappy to let him create the final image?
  • What do we want to convey through the logo? (As astra per amicita)
  • Over the next week we need to collectively decide what we want conveyed through the logo.
  • Batgirl will talk to Pappy about this.
  • Pappy will be one of the contest judges.
  • Pappy and 2 other people will work on the contest. Shank and Eris.

Assign tasks to the officers to help us get organized
  • Who is responsible for tracking problem members and reporting them?
  • Does the council collectively vote for disciplinary actions?

No more underwear photos on the forums.
  • We have at least one underage member. Magnoth, I think, who is Tanis' son.

We should have meetings once a month.

We should have monthly or bi-weekly get togethers / flying sessions. Like Waxman's marathon, we should just schedule a time to get together and play in spectrum matches.
Image
arcbinder
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:30 pm

Re: Meeting minutes, Oct 21

Postby arcbinder » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:47 am

Pathagarus
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:30 pm

Re: Meeting minutes, Oct 21

Postby Pathagarus » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:05 am

My apologies for bailing but the BOSSLADY wanted me to do some car research which I have finished. Now I'm off to snorelandia!
jaustin89
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:23 pm
Location: Boston, Massachussetts

Re: Meeting minutes, Oct 21

Postby jaustin89 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:48 am

Nice talking (I suppose listening is more accurate) to you guys. Sorry I couldn't contribute more; I just couldn't type fast enough to keep up. I suppose I'll have to look into getting a headset with a mike for the next one.
User avatar
Captain Glume
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:11 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

Re: Meeting minutes, Oct 21

Postby Captain Glume » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:07 am

Well didn't just poop things up. Sorry all. I got carried away with my after work and forgot... :oops:
Image
User avatar
Eris
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: Meeting minutes, Oct 21

Postby Eris » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:11 am

jaustin89 wrote:Nice talking (I suppose listening is more accurate) to you guys. Sorry I couldn't contribute more; I just couldn't type fast enough to keep up. I suppose I'll have to look into getting a headset with a mike for the next one.



LOL

I didn't know you had no microphone! No wonder you were so quiet. Yeah, you might want to get one. You can get some cheap ones from Logitech, Creative, or Turtle Beach for about $30.
Image
arcbinder
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:30 pm

Re: Meeting minutes, Oct 21

Postby arcbinder » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:56 am

Addressing what seemed to basically boil down to "Why isn't Arcbinder doing his job".

Now that I'm not a subscriber, I can't access the main thread, so I can't act on anything in there unless told about it. And otherwise Glume and Co have been very good at organising and resolving issues so I haven't had to step in at all.

With the logo issue, I wasn't sure what to do about it. Being as we had no real alternatives, and taking the special relationship between pappy and the org. into account. So a meeting was probably the best idea, I think.

Going forward, I'm still here and on the RSI forums if you want to bring something to my attention.
If I can't resolve it, we can discuss it in this section of the forums and/or raise it during one of these regular board meetings when they start happening.

Nikki shouldn't be required to make decisions, but in some situations it may be necessary to bring things to her; hopefully not urgently so we can do so at the scheduled meetings.
jaustin89
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:23 pm
Location: Boston, Massachussetts

Re: Meeting minutes, Oct 21

Postby jaustin89 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:56 am

We should probably get started on the contest; I know we were waiting till after Batgirl talked to Pappy but given his comments and the new logos he posted in the den thread I'd say it's safe to assume that has happened; and if it hasn't we should still at least layout the format so we can get it rolling as soon as possible.


I suppose I'll list the stuff with a clear consensus and questions as I see them and we can go from there;

Known:
1. We will have a contest to decide the new logo.

2. There will be three judges, currently Pappy, Eris and Shank.

3. The logo needs to be original and not contain copyrighted imagery.


Questions:
1. Are we going to have people submit drafts and have Pappy do the final illustration or have the contestants take it all the way? (Perhaps with Pappy or someone else doing the art if they can't?)

2. Are we allowing entries of just descriptions or must the entry contain a concept sketch of some kind?

3. What if anything are we going to use for prizes?

4. Are we limiting who can participate and if so where do we draw the line? (Full members, Affiliates, only members registered on this forum? Further; can Judges and/or board members participate)

5. What time frame do we want to aim for?

6. What contest format do we want to use? (Have the judges select x favorites from the submissions then hold a general vote, have a general vote and give the judges the to X submissions, have the judges decide from all submissions?)

7. Are we going to require submissions adhere to a design brief and if so what should that brief be?


This obviously isn't an exhaustive list but I did my best to think of anything that we would need to address before announcing it; put up anything else you can think of for discussion and lets see if we can start to get some progress on this.

This took longer than I anticipated to write up so I'll give my thoughts on the questions when I get home from work tomorrow; getting a bit late at the moment.
User avatar
Shank
Paste King of SC
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:06 pm
Location: USA Texas

Re: Meeting minutes, Oct 21

Postby Shank » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:53 pm

Questions:

1. Are we going to have people submit drafts and have Pappy do the final illustration or have the contestants take it all the way? (Perhaps with Pappy or someone else doing the art if they can't?)

A) From my understanding of the meeting, we are having 2 separate contests, 1 a concept so non-artistic people can take part, and 1 with the actual art work. If Pappy does not mind, if there are touch-ups needed to the winner he could take care of those.


2. Are we allowing entries of just descriptions or must the entry contain a concept sketch of some kind?

A) For the concept part it can be just descriptions, but if they want to include a sketch that is fine, it should not affect the out come though since it is the concept contest and the art contest will be separate.


3. What, if anything are we going to use for prizes?

A) I personally think the prizes should be equal for both contests and about $25-$50 in Gift Cards. Do we want to have Hangar Flair or Skin prizes for 2nd and 3rd places?


4. Are we limiting who can participate and if so where do we draw the line? (Full members, Affiliates, only members registered on this forum? Further; can Judges and/or board members participate)

A) It should be open to all members at least, though it might be a way to attract new members if it was open to everyone in the community, but only members could vote. I do not believe the Judges should be eligible for prizes since they are making decisions on the contests, but allowed to make entries.


5. What time frame do we want to aim for?

A) I think we should start with the concept contest and have;
1 week to notify that the contest will take place,
1 week for concept entries,
1 week for concept judging, choosing 3 finalists,
1 week for members to vote for the winner of the concept contest,
2 weeks for people to work on artwork entries and post them,
1 week for artwork judging, choosing 3 finalists,
1 week for members to vote for the winner of the artwork contest.

With the steps set up in weeks it will give set dates for people to check back, as well as long enough for the word to get out, and people to work on entries.


6. What contest format do we want to use? (Have the judges select x favorites from the submissions then hold a general vote, have a general vote and give the judges the to X submissions, have the judges decide from all submissions?)

A) Have the Judges choose 3 finalists and have the members vote for the winner.


7. Are we going to require submissions adhere to a design brief and if so what should that brief be?

A) We are wanting the new Emblem to give a visual representation of what the Enablers are about, Social and friendship.
User avatar
Captain Glume
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:11 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

Re: Meeting minutes, Oct 21

Postby Captain Glume » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:05 pm

Shank wrote:3. What, if anything are we going to use for prizes?

A) I personally think the prizes should be equal for both contests and about $25-$50 in Gift Cards. Do we want to have Hangar Flair or Skin prizes for 2nd and 3rd places?

This is the latest Treasury report. You can see the goodies we have available.
Image

Return to “The Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest