1. Are we going to have people submit drafts and have Pappy do the final illustration or have the contestants take it all the way? (Perhaps with Pappy or someone else doing the art if they can't?)
A) From my understanding of the meeting, we are having 2 separate contests, 1 a concept so non-artistic people can take part, and 1 with the actual art work. If Pappy does not mind, if there are touch-ups needed to the winner he could take care of those.
2. Are we allowing entries of just descriptions or must the entry contain a concept sketch of some kind?
A) For the concept part it can be just descriptions, but if they want to include a sketch that is fine, it should not affect the out come though since it is the concept contest and the art contest will be separate.
3. What, if anything are we going to use for prizes?
A) I personally think the prizes should be equal for both contests and about $25-$50 in Gift Cards. Do we want to have Hangar Flair or Skin prizes for 2nd and 3rd places?
4. Are we limiting who can participate and if so where do we draw the line? (Full members, Affiliates, only members registered on this forum? Further; can Judges and/or board members participate)
A) It should be open to all members at least, though it might be a way to attract new members if it was open to everyone in the community, but only members could vote. I do not believe the Judges should be eligible for prizes since they are making decisions on the contests, but allowed to make entries.
5. What time frame do we want to aim for?
A) I think we should start with the concept contest and have;
1 week to notify that the contest will take place,
1 week for concept entries,
1 week for concept judging, choosing 3 finalists,
1 week for members to vote for the winner of the concept contest,
2 weeks for people to work on artwork entries and post them,
1 week for artwork judging, choosing 3 finalists,
1 week for members to vote for the winner of the artwork contest.
With the steps set up in weeks it will give set dates for people to check back, as well as long enough for the word to get out, and people to work on entries.
6. What contest format do we want to use? (Have the judges select x favorites from the submissions then hold a general vote, have a general vote and give the judges the to X submissions, have the judges decide from all submissions?)
A) Have the Judges choose 3 finalists and have the members vote for the winner.
7. Are we going to require submissions adhere to a design brief and if so what should that brief be?
A) We are wanting the new Emblem to give a visual representation of what the Enablers are about, Social and friendship.