Pappy and his art (re shirts)

Moderators: Board, Queen

Eris

Re: Pappy and his art (re shirts)

Postby Eris » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:14 pm

By the way, in case it isn't clear, when I say that "red gold and black" would be the official colors, that doesn't mean everything has to use only those colors. I just mean that those should be the dominant colors of the intentionally designed elements of our official images. Or variations on those colors. A "military recruiting poster" might go for dark tones of red, gold and black, as we see in the logo itself, while a social poster might opt for pastel shades - rose, wheat, and light grey.

Also, I picked the colors I did simply because they are the colors in our logo and they seem to work well together.
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:00 pm

So it looks like Tomorrow Tuesday at 8 PM EST / 7pm Central time? Or do we need to look a a different day?

I would like to work out better times in the future for those outside of American time zones, so they don't always have to be up at crazy hours if the make a meeting.
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm

Eris wrote:I am busy tonight (Monday night), but Tuesday I can be there after 7pm CDT (midnight GMT). I'm afraid that's as early as I can make Mumble on the weekdays.

Since the branding issue seems to be on everyone's mind, I'd like to propose the following:

Official org colors: Primary: gold, red, and black. Secondary (highlights and accents): blue and grey
Official org font: whatever it is that Captain Glume uses in those signature images

Just having an official color scheme and font to use would go a long way towards giving us a consistent look and feel.

Also, we should get a nice full size copy of the org logo from Pappy as a Photoshop PSD file. Right now I think he's the only one with the original and the largest resolution one I have is this one here at 300x300:

It's very grainy.

We can discuss alternatives in the meeting, of course.

The font is: Orbitron . I think it came in the SC fan kit that was around. I have the .zip archive. The file name is "theleagueof-orbitron-13e6a52.zip" and is google searchable I noticed.

Regarding the LOGO. The one above is my preferred version. I could live without the black face on the front if that is contentious but I like that the wings are much larger the SC like logo in the background.

Unfortunately that is the largest we have available. We could have an artist convert it into a vector image (scalable to any size) but it will need work to be in a print allowable size.
Firelance

Postby Firelance » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:30 pm

I'm good for 8 pm Eastern tomorrow.
jaustin89

Postby jaustin89 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:07 am

As long as I can figure out how to use Mumble I'll be there.
Eris

Postby Eris » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:09 pm

jaustin89 wrote:As long as I can figure out how to use Mumble I'll be there.

We could also use the SCAA-Officers chatroom as a backup if people have trouble with Mumble.
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:06 pm

Eris wrote:
jaustin89 wrote:As long as I can figure out how to use Mumble I'll be there.

We could also use the SCAA-Officers chatroom as a backup if people have trouble with Mumble.

Very true. I forgot about that.
Eris

Postby Eris » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:12 pm

About this meeting tonight ... did anyone bother to tell the people who aren't involved in this thread? I'd hate for us to throw a party and have no one show up. :D

I'm going to send a message to everyone on the RSI forums.
Reaper

Postby Reaper » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:23 pm

I'll be on Midnight my time but that's ok.
Reaper

Postby Reaper » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:27 pm

Oh and that is also the logo i prefare and i have the full rez one i'll share with you later.

Return to “The Board”