[URGENT: For BEN] Contest Announcement Rules Question

Moderators: Board, Queen

Captain Glume

[URGENT: For BEN] Contest Announcement Rules Question

Postby Captain Glume » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:26 pm

James Pugh (Cloud Imperium Games)
Sep 23 17:24
Hello,
Sorry for the delay. SO from what I am seeing you are just announcing the contest on our site and holding it on your own, correct?
If so the only issue we may have is if you link directly to a sign up page. We can discuss this if you would like. Let me know if I understand you correctly, and if not please correct me.
Sorry again for the late response time :(
Best,
James Pugh

Capt_Glume (aka: Captain Glume)
Sep 24 09:14
Hello James,
Thank you for getting back to me. Love you on Around the Verse. Excellent job :)
You are correct, we are just announcing the contest along with our latest organization news in our organization threads in the organization forum & subscribers den forum.
We do not link directly to a sign-up page. We link to the contest page in our member only area. However, it should be noted that if our member does not have an account already they will be directed to create one (or sign in if they are not already remembered).
Our organization has over $1000 in gift cards & prizes to give out until the game goes live. Our contests are, of course, for our Enabler (SCAA) members only and not the general public.
Thank you for your time.
Capt. Glume

Hello,
All that sounds totally fine. Thank you for your kind words.
I see no real issue with this contest as long as it is made clear it is a 3rd party running it. Good luck and I hope it turns our fun :)
Best,
James Pugh
Captain Glume

Re: [URGENT: For BEN] Contest Announcement Rules Question

Postby Captain Glume » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Ok! Finally got this resolved. So we have the official CIG OK on running our contests here, for members only, and advertising them on the official CIG forums in our Org threads!
Eris

Postby Eris » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:35 pm

OK. I'm a bit confused. What initiated this exchange? I explicitly avoided even directly referencing it as a contest when I posted on the RSI forums. Did someone at CIG still ask us about it anyway? And if so, why didn't they ask me, since I'm the one who posted the message?

Also, are they now asking us to modify the post on the RSI forums to add a disclaimer? Are they wanting us to modify the post here? (Which, it should be noted, would NOT be a reasonable request, though I'd have no problem doing it anyway in the interest of peace.)

[EDIT} Small correction, I did call it a "contest" in my follow--up post this morning. Ah well, looks like it's OK anyway.
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:39 pm

This was from my contest a month ago. It just took them ages to respond.
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:21 am

Good to hear.

Return to “The Board”