I think it is time... to give some ranks!

Moderators: Board, Queen

Captain Glume

I think it is time... to give some ranks!

Postby Captain Glume » Wed May 14, 2014 4:22 pm

Hey friends.

Now that we have multi-orgs (sotra) I thought it might be a good time to give some promotions.

Currently we have 2 ranks set aside for general members. These being Captain and Crew. I am hoping that, in future, CIG gives us empty roles to be able to set to people of power like the Div and Sub Div, HAND, Queen etc to allow us better use of ranks. But in the mean time I was thinking the following:

Crew - The default bottom rank. This is good for normal players. People that do not need crew for their ships as they mostly have single player craft or plan to use NPC's for their selfie game play.

Captain - These people need crew and or have a more substantial 'investment' in assets.

Of course our higher ranks override this and I don't see how to get around it unless we get some custom ROLES.

Sound good? Now, how do we want to do the promotions? Best guess? Ask people to apply?
Pathagarus

Re: I think it is time... to give some ranks!

Postby Pathagarus » Wed May 14, 2014 6:07 pm

Not sure here what we should use; maybe see what drop 2.0 has? other than that my head keeps coming up with military-style ranks which may be offensive to some.
Reaper

Postby Reaper » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:43 pm

Me want shines :D
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:09 pm

I was thinking it might be a good idea to give everyone that has The Enablers as their primary rank or has a banner for us the next rank up "Captain".

Sound Good?
Eris

Postby Eris » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:56 am

So are you suggesting that Captain be the minimum rank for people with us as the primary org and Crew be the only rank for affiliates?
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:45 pm

Well I was thinking it might be a good idea to reward people that are showcasing us. So people that have us as primary and or have a sig promoting us.

Then, in future, we can always do bonus prize give away's to them?
Gotrek65

Postby Gotrek65 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:17 pm

Because this is the best palce I can find to put this post without making a new thread. I'm gonna Necro this year old thread and post this link here.

Note: Yes they are talking about Eve Online but I believe the subject hes talking about might be useful in this situation especialy the part about the "Graduated Leadership Model. Yes I do have vested interest in seeing the org thrive just haven't been posting here a lot and I only really like to use team speak and ventrilo because those are the 2 voice comms i've used in the past. I'll install mumble or raidcall when we have some serious practice going on. MUMBLING NOW HERES LINK...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaSvljRoRbw

Return to “The Board”