verizon

For general Org talk.

Moderators: Board, Queen

Pathagarus

verizon

Postby Pathagarus » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:48 pm

Don't know if I should curse or praise Verizon.

Router went out @ 7 AM yesterday. Received the replacement @ 6 PM (DST/Eastern) BUT without a power cord.
Eris

Re: verizon

Postby Eris » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:03 pm

Well, at least that's fixable. I just got sent a new cable modem by Comcast because my connection keeps cutting in and out. Problem not solved. Still don't have a stable connection.
Pathagarus

Postby Pathagarus » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:55 am

Yeah, ran to nearest Verizon store, got the cord and all is now well.....sort of.
SilverlightPony

Postby SilverlightPony » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:25 pm

Eris wrote:Well, at least that's fixable. I just got sent a new cable modem by Comcast because my connection keeps cutting in and out. Problem not solved. Still don't have a stable connection.

I had a similar problem a few years ago, when I was living with my mom. Turned out it was the cable line running from the distribution box out in the corner of the yard to the box on the side of the house. That line was about 20 years old; may not have been up to code when it was installed (it certainly wasn't up to current code); and had gotten water inside it which corroded the conductors inside. They ran a new line with the correct type of cable and the problem vanished.
einnyen

Postby einnyen » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:05 pm

IT's amazing what using the correct cabling, and cabling methods does for connectivity.

So often in my day to day I see insufficient diameter wire used in life safety applications and it, literally, chills my soul.
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A

Return to “General Chat”