Hostility

For general Org talk.

Moderators: Board, Queen

Stabby_McPunch

Hostility

Postby Stabby_McPunch » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:44 pm

Is it just me, or is there an increasing amount of hostility on the forums? I am starting to feel pretty bad for the people at CIG. Any thoughts? Are you angry too?

Side note: As a guy who repairs air conditioners all day, clean/replace your filters. Also, grab a hose and (with a not too high pressure) spray down your outside unit. That can reduce the strain on your system so it doesn't breakdown.
Eris

Re: Hostility

Postby Eris » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:39 pm

I do think there's a bit more hostility these days. People are angry about the delays in the fps release. I don't share in that anger, myself, but I see it in others.
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:36 pm

I am frustrated with CIG for their lack of true communication. "A couple more weeks for polish" then 2 months of zero communications.

Then the other day I saw Ben say "I don't know where you guys are getting that we are polishing FPS...".

There is so much CIG tidbits out there that are not true that people don't know what to believe anymore.

It is clear now that FPS was no where NEAR ready even a month ago when people expected it again. But no word from CIG until after the due date.

So I can see why people are ticked.

Anyway... looks like we get some flair patch today... woo... :?
Pappy

Postby Pappy » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:57 pm

They lost a large bit of communication to the backers !
Its good that Chris sees this now so i expect the "soon" comment degrade in the next days or weeks.
RTV is and unpayed airing but its to of toppic these days.
ATV is still nice but with the Genesis they explained some possible varriants witch most people bought the genesis for and now its a yes/no feeling on weather they get sold or not.
Ship Shape is only a small part of ATV and nothing that was actually prommessed .
BugSmashers has its own show yet i have no intrest in .
I would rather have a longer and better Ship Shape show, where you can post Questions for the next week.
Sadly after the "Leak" everything became to hush hush and fewer and fewer info came out. Thanks LANDO !!!
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:57 pm

I'm not mad. I excepted as soon as I backed during the KickStarter that there would be events that would make things take a little longer than anticipated, its just part of Game and Software Development.

I also have the attitude of I want it right, not right now.
Dren

Postby Dren » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:03 pm

There is so much that I want to do and accomplish before the game comes out that the delays don't really bother me. Delays give me more time to get those goals completed.
last.fm   |    Steam    |   Twitter
Stabby_McPunch

Postby Stabby_McPunch » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:07 am

Honestly, my current computer can barely handle arena commander. I think I am 6 to 8 months away from picking up a new one, but maybe more ... so I can wait.
Waxman

Postby Waxman » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:46 am

Dren wrote:There is so much that I want to do and accomplish before the game comes out that the delays don't really bother me. Delays give me more time to get those goals completed.

I am of the same mindset, I have to buy and build at least three computers by launch. I still have to overhaul my audio system.

I do wish they'd release a complex GDD on ALL the modules, so we'd have a reference point to go on, instead of speculation. The game has gone through so much since the start.

I did expect the FPS to have the same delay we received with AC (About five months) That would make it early Aug, I did let my optimism shine when I guessed July 4th but that was a shot in the dark.

I don't really feel the communication we get is bad or ineffective. It just feels a bit to formal. Like they are releasing info we would get after launch. Lore pieces are fun, but generally they add to speculation.

To answer the OP's question, no, I'm not mad.
ImageImageMaster of the Hunt
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:23 pm

I'm indifferent. I like playing with you guys, but until social hits I'm not really that bothered with AC itself. I can see where some are becoming frustrated with such an extended drought of new toys to play with, but I personally would rather wait for it to be done right - I have bought too many games that offer the moon and the stars and all you get is a glass of flat water. ;)
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
Hell Cat

Postby Hell Cat » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:28 pm

This is going to go in cycles: When they're planning on the next bit, when they're talking about something new, when they're working on it : That's when you get better communications because it's progressing. When it's getting into initial testing (internal) and the bugs start mounting, the communications start to fall off as more and more people focus on finding and fixing the problems. When it's released, communications improve again.

This happens in all development work, even though it's known and 'we' (developers in general) try to 'fix' it (to so extent). CIG is doing a much better job at keeping people informed, but right now things are changing quickly as bugs are found and fixed, and new issues raised, to the point that if they did stop and update people, that update would be out of date before they even finish typing it.

Hence why the communications have become somewhat vague - it's all changing rapidly so the best they could say is 'we found these and they're fixed, but there are more bugs we're working on right now' and that is what they are doing (with a bit more detail on current known blockers).

Frustrating? Yes. But how much worse would it be if they release it while it's still known to be badly broken? Just look at Elder Scrolls online: Major bugs reported months before release and they still released with those bugs in the game! SWTOR was exactly the same! At least CIG are trying to do better, even if it is taking longer.

Return to “General Chat”