Shiny and New

For general Org talk.

Moderators: Board, Queen

Stabby_McPunch
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Shiny and New

Postby Stabby_McPunch » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:56 pm

Picked up that Super Hornet. So, at the end of the day, my fleet is

Military
1x Super Hornet, 1x Vanguard Warden (with Harbinger battlefield kit)

Transport
1x Hull B, 1x Hull C, 1x Reliant, 1x Freelancer

Multirole
1x Constellation Andromeda, 1x P-72

Starter
1x Mustang Beta

Working
1x Crucible
einnyen
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:29 pm
Location: Tulsa, OK
Contact:

Re: Shiny and New

Postby einnyen » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:58 pm

Super Hornet - Weekend Warrior Pack
350R - Lightspeed Pack
M50
Mustang Delta
Carrack
Gladius
Gladiator
Herald
Retaliator + All Modules
Avenger Warlock
Reliant
Kartu-al
Sabre
Vanguard + BUKs
Archimedes x3
Hull A


Copied and updated from the RSI sub forum.

I'm curious about the warlock but i'm really unsure it's something that I'll keep long term. I copied my account to the PTU before I bought it so I haven't been able to play with it yet. Needing to power down all modules of the ship before hitting the EMP bomb makes me very nervous. You're a sitting duck if your target gets out of the area of effect and there's no telling how long it'll take to bring all the shields, thrusters, engines, weapons and avionics back on long from a shut down.

The idea of a mobile EMP platform is awesome in theory. The practicality and deployment might be the hang up here for me.
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A
Stabby_McPunch
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Shiny and New

Postby Stabby_McPunch » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:49 am

I am not normally a fan of electronic warfare. I tend to be a straight-forward fighter, sometimes to my detriment.
einnyen
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:29 pm
Location: Tulsa, OK
Contact:

Re: Shiny and New

Postby einnyen » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:23 am

That'll all get worked out with practice though.

I've had some thoughts on how to manage formation flying, target assistance, and various maneuvers that could help everyone.

I'm just waiting on the PU release before I draft a post with my ideas. What I'm really hoping is that someone will see whatever blind spots I'm missing so we can work up some solid doctrine.
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A
Stabby_McPunch
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Shiny and New

Postby Stabby_McPunch » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:39 am

I am just hoping that by the time the PU releases I have saved enough for a better computer. BUT, once I have something that can actually run SC in a decent manner, I will gladly do some training.
User avatar
Solaias
Posts: 875
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:59 pm

Re: Shiny and New

Postby Solaias » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:41 am

einnyen wrote:I'm just waiting on the PU release before I draft a post with my ideas. What I'm really hoping is that someone will see whatever blind spots I'm missing so we can work up some solid doctrine.

How about I fly my trading vessel, and you don't let me get shot? :P
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
Pathagarus
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:30 pm

Re: Shiny and New

Postby Pathagarus » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:30 am

I need to work on things like take-off, landing and missing really big things like rocks and comm stations :oops: :P
einnyen
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:29 pm
Location: Tulsa, OK
Contact:

Re: Shiny and New

Postby einnyen » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:35 pm

Solaias wrote:
einnyen wrote:I'm just waiting on the PU release before I draft a post with my ideas. What I'm really hoping is that someone will see whatever blind spots I'm missing so we can work up some solid doctrine.

How about I fly my trading vessel, and you don't let me get shot? :P



I don't know... That seems entirely too much like "work".

Besides there's every possibility that you'll ram me just for the fun of it.

:)
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A
Pathagarus
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:30 pm

Re: Shiny and New

Postby Pathagarus » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:00 pm

einnyen wrote:
Solaias wrote:
einnyen wrote:I'm just waiting on the PU release before I draft a post with my ideas. What I'm really hoping is that someone will see whatever blind spots I'm missing so we can work up some solid doctrine.

How about I fly my trading vessel, and you don't let me get shot? :P



I don't know... That seems entirely too much like "work".

Besides there's every possibility that you'll ram me just for the fun of it.

:)




Based on my time in the PTU last night; ANYTHING is subject to me running into it. %$#@! comm-array :oops:
Stabby_McPunch
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Shiny and New

Postby Stabby_McPunch » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:07 pm

I have returned! I've tried to keep apprised of the major comings and goings of SC. How is everybody doing? How are your pretty, pretty ships? Anybody pick up that Buccaneer? I know I did.

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests