Will you be playing Squadron 42 or skipping right to the PU?

For general Org talk.

Moderators: Board, Queen

Will you be playing Squadron 42 or skipping right to the PU?

I will be playing Squadron 42!
97%
I haven't decided yet.
No votes
I will not be playing S42 and will skip directly to the PU.
3%

Total votes: 35
Solaias

Re: Will you be playing Squadron 42 or skipping right to the

Postby Solaias » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:22 am

I will be playing both.

IIRC SQ42 will be finished before the PU goes live. I want to play as soon as I can, so I will work my way through each Episode of SQ42 as it is released and then wait with trepidation for the PU to go live.

In fact I will probably play SQ42 twice before the PU goes live. The first time for the enjoyment of playing, and the second time (once I know SQ42's plot) to specifically set a character up ready for transferring to the PU.
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
Kinara

Postby Kinara » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:36 am

Definitely playing SQ42 and with Alpha access we get to play it first.
It wouldn't surprise me if we get a few extra perks from playing the story line, like having extra missions from NPC's.
Algared

Postby Algared » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:37 am

I will certainly be playing it... it may take me many days to finish it... just so I can enjoy the eyecandy
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:08 pm

Kinara wrote:Definitely playing SQ42 and with Alpha access we get to play it first.
It wouldn't surprise me if we get a few extra perks from playing the story line, like having extra missions from NPC's.

CIG has said there are perks to having a character play though, though they have been vague, saying that it could allow access to weapons and equipment others don't have access to, possibly missions non-SQ42 characters would not get, and Reputation increase with UEE for your character.
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:52 pm

My problem with S42 is that you have to be the combat pilot. You have to be able to do the dogfighting and the shooting etc.

I just don't think I can pull that off. :(
Waxman

Postby Waxman » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Captain Glume wrote:My problem with S42 is that you have to be the combat pilot. You have to be able to do the dogfighting and the shooting etc.

We are there to help you in your time of need.
ImageImageMaster of the Hunt
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:11 pm

Waxman wrote:
Captain Glume wrote:My problem with S42 is that you have to be the combat pilot. You have to be able to do the dogfighting and the shooting etc.

We are there to help you in your time of need.

*IF* this can be done, and I am not convinced that the game would allow the main player to play the minor rolls, then it could be some real fun.
Waxman

Postby Waxman » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:48 pm

Drop-in Drop out coop was stated as a gameplay feature at launch. It was one idea I helped Chris come up with. Don't know if it was already in the game when I mentioned it at GDC or if Chris was just being nice and didn't want to point out that I didn't contribute. Didn't get the credit either and I didn't push for it. Nor will I.

Essentially what drop-in drop-out coop is, it is a way of having your friends come online to help you by "assuming" the or taking over the in mission NPC Gunner/Wingman/Pilot without the need to stop your game ->go to multiplayer-> lobby-> start a game, and then stop the game and lose all progress when friend leaves.

You're still the main character, all you do is allow for another to complete the mission with you and for you. Your friend is just inhabiting your AI wingman or gunner. It still accredited for you whether you have help or not.
ImageImageMaster of the Hunt
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:51 pm

Shank wrote:
Kinara wrote:Definitely playing SQ42 and with Alpha access we get to play it first.

CIG has said there are perks to having a character play though, though they have been vague, saying that it could allow access to weapons and equipment others don't have access to, possibly missions non-SQ42 characters would not get, and Reputation increase with UEE for your character.

The only thing I have heard of as a 'Perk' that is definite is that you are granted Citizenship for a successful T.O.D.
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
Kinara

Postby Kinara » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:47 pm

Of course we will all fail here and there and have to go back to the last save point.
A good written game should give you options in solving difficult missions.
The first obvious option would be the Gung-Ho approach, going in blazing guns.
A second option would be to sneak around solve a few puzzles, sabotage enemy ships and plant a few mines.

Return to “General Chat”