Resigned Resignation

Event co-ordination / misc.

Moderators: Board, Queen

Dr_Anatine

Resigned Resignation

Postby Dr_Anatine » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Good day, all.

It is with sadness that I must announce the resignation of my duty as head of Social activities... even before I've even delved into the role in the manner I had hoped. I had plenty of ideas, but sadly a lack of time. I apologize profusely, and my enthusiasm got the better of me.

At the moment, I truly do not have the time to commit as a division head. I believe that when I do something, I must do it well, and I cannot at the moment. The Enablers deserves much more.

This may be oversharing, but I wish to say that between my health (or lack thereof) and work demands, I have little time at the end of the day for any personal projects/interests (in fact, I keep finding myself in negative time and wanting a TARDIS). I have had severe upper limb limitations (although I can still hoist a scotch glass) for about 18 years now, as a result of computer overuse (insert irony here). I have recently delved into tapping the medical community for some relief, and I have a wonderful physiotherapist who is working with me. However, it will take some time before real progress is made. Additionally, for those amused by the tale, my broken coccyx is recovering slowly and by the year's end I'm hoping to sit without the need of a cushion and/or a few drinks. Don't ever ever break your coccyx; the bastard is really slow to heal. Bottom line: this doctor needs to heal itself first.

So that is my tale of woe, which really is a tale of "I haven't the time at the moment to be a good little Enabler".

Please note that a day does not go by where I do not think about you all, and the shiny ships in my hangar. I look forward to missions both dastardly and filled with kindness and aid. I watch Batgirl's shows, those put out by RSI, and of course Michael Morlan's Galactic Inquiry. The heart is willing, but alas, time is my great enemy.

With that, hopefully someone will step forward to grab the social reigns and finally launch this position into the direction I should have launched it in ages ago.

Thank you for your understanding,

Dr. A
Eris

Re: Resigned Resignation

Postby Eris » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:47 pm

I'm sorry to hear this. Keep drinking Scotch though - I'm told the mere sound of a bottle being uncorked has amazing powers to lift ones spirits, right before one lifts ones spirits up to the lips!
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:10 pm

Sorry to hear this.

You must at least stay on as a Lt. of the Head of Social to run your club.

;)
Reaper

Postby Reaper » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:14 pm

I'm sorry to hear this but you did state "at the moment" so maybe later! and you will still be with us in th verse.
So let someone else take the reins for a while as see how things go.

Get better soon

Reaper
Dr_Anatine

Postby Dr_Anatine » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:45 pm

Thank you, everyone.

Never fear, scotch is always near! Speaking of scotch, how is the paste production going?

And I will certainly assist where I can.

Thanks again, all!
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Don't despair my friends. The Dr. won't be gone. Just can't take the time to manage a div and I was doing a poor job trying to do both of the div. duties.

I still keep the Dr. informed of all the goings on's so when there is something fun to do we will be there. :)
Eris

Postby Eris » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:12 pm

So who will take on the vacant position? Will we have an election or will the Board/Queen appoint someone. For the record, I'm willing to take the position. I'm pretty active in our "social" things so far as it is, chat and forums at least, and I'd be happy to help with coordinating racing and squadron play.
Stabby_McPunch

Postby Stabby_McPunch » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:55 am

My condolences. It's unfortunate, but your health does come first. Heal up, and come back!

As for the division head, not it!
Pathagarus

Postby Pathagarus » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:48 am

Take care Dr. Your health & well-being are most important.
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:14 am

@Eris, since we have not officially set up an election process yet I would think it is up to the queen. I have no problem with you stepping into the office.

@The Dr. quick regenerate! Just don't get old or wrinkled, and definitely no grey hair.

; p

Return to “Social”