Waiting for the boss

Trading and hauling

Moderators: Board, Queen

Kagey

Re: Waiting for the boss

Postby Kagey » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:49 am

Gotrek65 wrote:huh so it does say Kagey is the Division head for Merchant and Transportation now. Well if the Division Sub-head position is now vacant and if it pleases the Queen, Captain Glume, and you Division Head Kagey. I would be pleased to help you out as your Division Sub-Head

It pleases me! I cannot imagine it not pleasing the Queen, and Captain Glume pointed out my error, so I would think she would be pleased...

So unless anyone descents, I enter Gotrek65 as Merchant and Transport Division Sub-Head!

Welcome! And thank you for your willingness to make this the Best Org. in Star Citizen!
:D
Aegis Avenger -:- Anvil Hornet F7C-M -:- BIRC Merchantman -:- MISC Starfarer -:- MISC Freelancer MIS -:- Origin M50 -:- RSI Aurora LN -:- RSI Constellation
Kagey

Postby Kagey » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:33 pm

Captain Glume wrote:Have you thought about how you want to structure your division?

I will be doing occasional transportation and trading but do not wish any sort of authoritative role here.

However, as the current Org Logistics head, I need to know if you will be needing to use organization assets like hangar space, commodity storage, pooled monies etc.

I believe, "Everyone" will be will run "Merchant and Transport" missions for the Queen at one time or another. I would think the Org. will have it's own "Job Board" for it's own needs, and we'll go from there.

As far as Logistics requirements, I think all the resources listed would be used in some fashion or another. I don't know to what extent as of yet.

As an aside, will we have a payment schedule for the Subjects who work for the Queen? If I use my ship, and resources to haul for the Queen, should I expect a fair wage for my toil?

Gotrek65, what are your thoughts on this?
Aegis Avenger -:- Anvil Hornet F7C-M -:- BIRC Merchantman -:- MISC Starfarer -:- MISC Freelancer MIS -:- Origin M50 -:- RSI Aurora LN -:- RSI Constellation
Gotrek65

Postby Gotrek65 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:41 pm

In the words of Hibito Nanba from Space Brothers "Yeah!" :D
Gotrek65

Postby Gotrek65 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:44 pm

I concur Kagey people who work for the Queen to haul or trade goods should expect a wage for said trade maybe a percentage of the profit on the trade or a tax on a haul or something.

But as we don't know any numbers yet for the economy the best bet would just to say a % of a trade goes to the pilot for now and when we get more numbers we can work with it.
Gotrek65

Postby Gotrek65 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:03 pm

Kagey wrote:
Captain Glume wrote:Have you thought about how you want to structure your division?

I will be doing occasional transportation and trading but do not wish any sort of authoritative role here.

However, as the current Org Logistics head, I need to know if you will be needing to use organization assets like hangar space, commodity storage, pooled monies etc.

I believe, "Everyone" will be will run "Merchant and Transport" missions for the Queen at one time or another. I would think the Org. will have it's own "Job Board" for it's own needs, and we'll go from there.

As far as Logistics requirements, I think all the resources listed would be used in some fashion or another. I don't know to what extent as of yet.

As an aside, will we have a payment schedule for the Subjects who work for the Queen? If I use my ship, and resources to haul for the Queen, should I expect a fair wage for my toil?

Gotrek65, what are your thoughts on this?

As to try to answer Captain Glume's question I could only hypothesize that the division would need hangar space(if we trade in ships(I know I plan to)) commodity storage most certainly for weapons, ammo, ores and intermediate production commodities. As for pooled monies we would also need access to them if we are to put up buy orders for stuff at space ports or planets. In EVE you'd say you'd want to buy X number of X commodity and it would put the money required to buy said commodities into Escrow(which you can't touch) and the escrow amount held would range from 100% to 50% depending on the characters skill. So a person like me would be able to put out more buy orders for less escrow while also having sell orders so cover the money that wasn't in escrow. *end eve comparison*

So TL:DR Yes on all 3 accounts unless Chris Roberts does something unexpected with the economy.

Return to “Merchant and Transport”