I think the org should buy a Endeavor package.

Asset Management and Administration

Moderators: Board, Queen

Captain Glume

I think the org should buy a Endeavor package.

Postby Captain Glume » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:49 pm

Hey everyone,

After reading the new Endeavor reveal & design post I think this may be the perfect org ship for us.

I would suggest at least the hope hospital ship package as that includes everything the org would need for responding and helping out. Of course this also suggests that 2 Cutlass Reds might be a good bet as well.

Thoughts, questions, concerns?
Eris

Re: I think the org should buy a Endeavor package.

Postby Eris » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:04 pm

I could see it's utility since it can function as a mobile spawn point. It could be useful for battles or large missions into hostile space.

But I hesitate to do this since there still isn't officially any such thing as org owned ships. I might be talked into this, though.
Stabby_McPunch

Postby Stabby_McPunch » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:55 am

I am in. I can chip in $50 ... I know it's not a lot, but it's a start. Plus, now I have a place to park my cutlass red.
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:00 am

I think this is one that should wait until in game, to be bought with UEC.

Also we still don't know if it is persistant or if it can be logged off. I don't think we have enough people yet to man it if it is 24/7.

Edit: This is also one that may not be ready until after launch.
Stabby_McPunch

Postby Stabby_McPunch » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:18 pm

Shank does have a pretty good argument. I would gladly support this in either situation. I should be making plenty of UEC once the game starts, so I wouldn't mind helping out.
NotableJoe

Postby NotableJoe » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:16 pm

Shank wrote:I think this is one that should wait until in game, to be bought with UEC.

Also we still don't know if it is persistant or if it can be logged off. I don't think we have enough people yet to man it if it is 24/7.

Edit: This is also one that may not be ready until after launch.

What makes you think it might be a persistent ship? They've only ever said persistence is a matter of size, not function, and the Javelin is much larger and not persistent.
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:12 pm

I'm pretty sure the Javelin is persistant.
einnyen

Postby einnyen » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:21 pm

I seem to remember them saying, at one point, that the Jav was not persistent. That was a statement by Rob Irving. However they've also not said anything definitive about persistence in the last few months that I can recall.
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A
NotableJoe

Postby NotableJoe » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:48 pm

The day they sell a ship, for real dollars, that you will lose if you log out for the evening unless you have someone watch it for you, there will be large red words to that effect at the top, bottom, and probably middle of the sale page.
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:03 pm

Q:What ship combinations (besides two Cutlasses) can fit in the Landing Bay and successfully be launched and maintained?

A:“Like the Javelin’s hangar, the number of ships allowed depends on the size of those ships, specifically. The Landing Bay is currently spec’d to be 30m wide, 65m deep running underneath the main spine of the Endeavor, and 10m tall. The included facilities and systems can accommodate possibly to 4 craft as space allows. Remember, that the general rule in Star Citizen is that ‘if it fits, it sits’ (with a max limit of four with regards to munitions/stores/etc.); so you can calculate the space any individual ship using those measurements.

Does this not just scream org ship?

Endeavor Hope-Class - LTI - Standalone Ship - $450.00 USD

I can see this sort of ship becoming standard equipment in all medium or larger orgs. The Hope class ship is the ideal support craft of a nonmilitary design. I think only the Idris matches it in terms of functionality (and of course adds on the complete military side). The Endeavor with a hangar bay, crew quarters (they had better be pretty damn fancy crew quarters to be taking up a slot) and a fuel pod (again, this better be the mother of all fuel pods to be taking up a precious slot) would be quite amazing in terms of last ability. Who knows, they might even release general room pods similar to the hospital layouts that we could decorate as we saw fit. It would also be nice if these would include some sort of docking system so it could be our floating headquarters out in the black.

We've got six days to decide. Tick tick tick ;)

Return to “Org. Logistics”