Online database for members assets (ships)

Asset Management and Administration

Moderators: Board, Queen

mformonkey
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:44 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Online database for members assets (ships)

Postby mformonkey » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:15 pm

Yeah that sounds like it ought to be pretty standard php coding (I say standard, but I've not touched php beyond simple wordpress stuff for a good 5 years, so I could be way wrong)

If we got it coded for an org fleet view it wouldn't be much of a reach to use a similar thing for member signatures to show just their ships. One extra 'if' statement I guess.
User avatar
Mil
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:55 pm
Location: Zürich, Switzerland

Re: Online database for members assets (ships)

Postby Mil » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:28 pm

For your information about the status of my work. I mocked the container page which looks like this phpBB board. This is important because the form where you enter the data and maybe show the data will be embedded as custom page here (at least I think that is the idea). I also started to build the static elements. I hope to finish that today. After that I want to add the dynamic parts like adding and removing ships and seeing the result in a list and a mockup data container.
Unfortunately I have only time in the evening so that will take probably until Saturday.
Behold! ... Nah, nevermind.
User avatar
Eris
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: Online database for members assets (ships)

Postby Eris » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:15 pm

Actually, the page might go over here on this blog that is still being set up. That's still up in the air. Personally, I'd rather put it over on the blog which could server as our info repository and leave the forum as a pure forum.

http://theenablers.starcitizenaa.com/
Image
User avatar
Mil
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:55 pm
Location: Zürich, Switzerland

Re: Online database for members assets (ships)

Postby Mil » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:27 pm

I don't worry about that. I just need a visual container which defines the look a bit. Can be changed later, it is just a mock-up. :)
Behold! ... Nah, nevermind.
User avatar
Captain Glume
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:11 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

Re: Online database for members assets (ships)

Postby Captain Glume » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:14 pm

Mil wrote:For your information about the status of my work. I mocked the container page which looks like this phpBB board. This is important because the form where you enter the data and maybe show the data will be embedded as custom page here (at least I think that is the idea). I also started to build the static elements. I hope to finish that today. After that I want to add the dynamic parts like adding and removing ships and seeing the result in a list and a mockup data container.
Unfortunately I have only time in the evening so that will take probably until Saturday.


Don't worry about it. I am so busy with work and whatnot. I had set this morning to do it but naturally the internet was down for 4 hours... Sigh. :(
Image
User avatar
Eris
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: Online database for members assets (ships)

Postby Eris » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:06 am

You know, it jsut occurred to me that this really does need to be done as a phpBB integrated page because we need to have authenticated logins from verifired Enablers memebers before they can enter ship data. The forums can provide that.
Image
User avatar
Captain Glume
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:11 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

Re: Online database for members assets (ships)

Postby Captain Glume » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:36 pm

Eris wrote:You know, it jsut occurred to me that this really does need to be done as a phpBB integrated page because we need to have authenticated logins from verifired Enablers memebers before they can enter ship data. The forums can provide that.


Yes, I would depend on that. My idea is to relate the forum ID number as the primary lookup for the member data. It is unique and does not change.
Image
User avatar
Eris
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: Online database for members assets (ships)

Postby Eris » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:52 pm

Note that all actual org members are in the "Enablers" user group on the forum. There is at least one forum user who is not an org member.
Image
User avatar
Captain Glume
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:11 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

Re: Online database for members assets (ships)

Postby Captain Glume » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:56 pm

Eris wrote:Note that all actual org members are in the "Enablers" user group on the forum. There is at least one forum user who is not an org member.


I would filter the results based on the appropriate user group. And then use the session ID to know when it times out.
Image
Batgirl
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Re: Online database for members assets (ships)

Postby Batgirl » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:12 pm

Do you need anything from us to help this along?

Return to “Org. Logistics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests