Whiling away the time while waiting...

Asset Management and Administration

Moderators: Board, Queen

Captain Glume

Whiling away the time while waiting...

Postby Captain Glume » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:05 pm

Not much going on in org logistics these days. We are pretty much in a holding pattern until CIG gives us something more tangible to play with.

Due to the fact that CIG got many times the amount of money they thought they would they have switched gears from giving us the bare minimum required to make the universe to giving us the grand expanse. While this is incredible news and will make the most amazing game ever, it has extended the waiting time by about two years.

Everything seems to be just six months away continually… This wears thin for a lot of us, especially those of us where combat is not our interest, but we must hold strong and keep each other occupied and entertained in other ways.

Does anyone have any ideas about fun things we can do? Any contests or activities? We have plenty of prizes available!

See you in the verse!
Eris

Re: Whiling away the time while waiting...

Postby Eris » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:36 am

Ticking away the moments that make up your dull day. You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.

OK then. We need something do do? Racing.

We've always wanted a racing contest anyway, so now it's time to do it. I have no idea how we can score it robustly, so I think we are just going to have to play this by ear. How about this:

• Races must occur between ONLY Enablers members - no one else allowed.
  • All races must occur on the same track. Old Vanderval seems an obvious choice.
  • Alternatively, we could have 3 simultaneous contests going on, one for each of the race tracks, with better prizes for the harder tracks. While I like this idea, I recommend we save it for later - let's see how much interest we get before we expand to this.
  • One member will be dedicated score-keeper - me since it's really my job to organize these things anyway.
  • At the end of the race, all participants must take a screenshot of the scoreboard showing everyone's times.
  • At least two, but preferably all, participants then email the screenshot to me. If only one screenshot is submitted for a race, it will not be counted! (This is the best anti-cheating mechanism I can think of.)
  • At the end of a week we give a prize to the person who recorded the best time. In the event of a tie, all winners should get the same prize.
  • I'd like us to have second and third prizes too. Do we have any giftable Origin Racing Suits? Those would be nice to give out.

Thoughts on this?
TigerHeart

Postby TigerHeart » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:31 pm

I currently completely suck at racing or anything in AC because my joystick is so sensitive that I can barely make it around the course without smashing into the gates and when I get back to the starting point going through the tunnel is like well not pretty at all...lol
Eris

Postby Eris » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:35 pm

I'm the same way TigerHeart. Tanisis just sent me some instructions on how to turn down the sensitivity of my joystick and I'm going to try it soon. I'll let you know how it works out. He also pointed out this guide to control customization on the RSI forums

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.c ... mapping/p1

Return to “Org. Logistics”