Roleplay

Not a member? Interested in becoming one? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: Board, Queen

MasterJh

Roleplay

Postby MasterJh » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:35 pm

I saw your Org on RSI.com and am quite interested in it. My question is how will your Org go about roleplaying? Can anyone from any division indulge in roleplay or do you have to be in a specific one? Also, what "level" of roleplay will be encouraged or welcome in the group? If I were to be constantly in character (not likely but as a hypothetical situation), is that going to exclude me from certain events or will it be welcomed?

Your Org looks and sounds pretty cool so far, by the way!
einnyen

Re: Roleplay

Postby einnyen » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:40 am

I might be speaking out of turn but I do not believe that any form or amount of roleplay is discouraged.
AEGIS - Gladius, Retaliator, Vanguard
ANVIL - F7C-M Super Hornet, T3A Gladiator
C/O - Mustang Delta
DRAKE - Herald
MISC - Hull A, Hull B, Star G
ORIGIN - M50, 350R, 325A
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:48 am

As einn said, I can't see any RP'ing being an issue.

The only cravat I can think of is if it is an extreme RP that becomes disruptive within the org. Everyone should be able to enjoy SC. :)
MasterJh wrote:If I were to be constantly in character (not likely but as a hypothetical situation), is that going to exclude me from certain events or will it be welcomed?

The only way I can see you being excluded is if the game rules themselves restrict you. e.g. The org will be based in the Terra area, so if we have a meetup on terra and you have a pirate PC, then you may have issues attending.
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
MasterJh

Postby MasterJh » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:14 pm

Thank you both for the quick responses! I would obviously never wish for my RP to be disruptive towards the Org or anyone around me so I can't imagine that being an issue. I was just curious as to whether you guys encouraged it or not and I'm glad that you do! It's so tricky to find an Org that's got a good basis for RP in it but this one looks really well structured so after a little more deliberation (trying to work out what I want to RP) I think I'll join!
Again, thanks for your quick, concise responses!
Captain Glume

Postby Captain Glume » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:43 pm

Most of us plan on doing some form of light RP. Mostly as Captains of ships struggling to make a living blah blah blah...

We each bring something special to our dynamic group and will change how we approach RP depending on the situation and the person 'in charge' of the current 'mission'. (Lack of better words for the words in '')
Shank
Paste King of SC

Postby Shank » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:21 pm

Ya, no problem with RP. Just make sure to note that you are RPing, so someone does not take it the wrong way.

:)
Eris

Postby Eris » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:17 am

We will have light role-play at least. Whether or not we have anything really deep, though, remains to be seen. It will depend on how many members we have who get interested in that.

I might be interested in deep role-play, myself, but I also plan to have one character just for social play (this will be the one who holds most of my ships).
Solaias

Postby Solaias » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:50 pm

Captain Glume wrote:We each bring something special to our dynamic group

Except for me, who is just 'special'.... :?
Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash.
Pappy

Postby Pappy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:00 pm

having a background for your first character is important for the further immergen.
Jamie88

Postby Jamie88 » Fri May 29, 2015 1:03 am

Interested in the RP aspects of the game myself. Ultimately we'll have to wait and see what we can and can't do in game I guess.

Return to “About The Enablers”