Question: What's the structure of the guild like?

Not a member? Interested in becoming one? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: Board, Queen

CrustyCollins

Question: What's the structure of the guild like?

Postby CrustyCollins » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Dear Enablers,

I'm thinking 'bout joinin'. :) Maybe you could elaborate a bit about the structure and how you plan to work as a guild ?
I've seen there are different ranks (crew, captain, sub div, div head, etc.) and different roles (magistrate, scribe, etc.). What do they mean (more or less) ?

Kind regards
Crusty
Eris

Re: Question: What's the structure of the guild like?

Postby Eris » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:57 pm

CrustyCollins wrote:Dear Enablers,

I'm thinking 'bout joinin'. :) Maybe you could elaborate a bit about the structure and how you plan to work as a guild ?
I've seen there are different ranks (crew, captain, sub div, div head, etc.) and different roles (magistrate, scribe, etc.). What do they mean (more or less) ?

Kind regards
Crusty

Hi Crusty!

A lot of the structure is still being fleshed out. The roles at this point basically refer to the RSI Org site access roles - "scribes" can update the branding section, "greeters" can do recruitment tasks. Crew are the basic members, Captains have a little bit a rank and so far include only myself and "Radar" PappyBoyington - we've been the ones putting the websites and graphics together - the division heads are the top guild officers, one for each activity we plan to be involved with in the game (mining, trading, security and combat, etc).

As for how we plan to work in game, we expect to do light role-play, but not with any specific emphasis. This group started from a forum thread of "addicts" who can't get enough of Star Citizen, and so it has a more social orientation than anything - a bunch of people who enjoy each others company and are getting together to have a good time in the game.
CrustyCollins

Postby CrustyCollins » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:06 am

Light role-play? Does this exist? ;)
So, focus on being 'inside' the lore and avoidance of in-game talk about "out-game" stuff ?
Pathagarus

Postby Pathagarus » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:02 pm

@ Crusty: well, as far as I know nobody is of the mind-set of getting butt-hurt over a player not saying thee or thou or such. No problem talking about real life stuff in-game. If I am wrong hopefully other will correct me 9and would sorely disappoint me too). The group is definitely NOT hard core RP.
Mil

Postby Mil » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:47 am

Hey guys, an additional question from me. I know all is in flow, but what is the difference between the council and magistrate? I guess the council is the board in action? But the magistrate? Thx in advance.
Behold! ... Nah, nevermind.
Eris

Postby Eris » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:23 pm

The council are the the highest officers: Batgirl, arcbinder, and fthe division heads. They have the "founder" role in RSI's org terminology. Magistrates are peple with theb "officer" role, and as far as their specific function in the org goes, mostly at this point it's about being able to serve as a moderator in the org chat. I'm going to post something to the Org Charter at RSI later today that will list the different roles, ranks, and divisions of the Org. It's not going to be that detailed, but it will at least provide an overview.
Eris

Postby Eris » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:38 pm

I've updated the guild charter with a description of our roles, ranks, and divisions.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/SCAA
Starnemo

Postby Starnemo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:10 pm

Great job with the charter. It's nice to see everything coming together.

By the way, I was thinking about PappyBoyington's great patches. If the images are resized to icons (and they still look good), would it be possible to have the icons in the divisions list on the charter page?
TigerHeart

Postby TigerHeart » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:40 pm

To me "light RP" would mean that if you want to RP your character you can do that but it is not a required thing where every time you say something that is not in character you have to preface that with something like OOC or Out Of Character...

Like for instance I intend to come up with a reason that my character exists in the SC universe but I won't be "in character" 24/7. However my bio will be there if anyone wants to read it...hopefully they have that as a feature in SC where we can have a bio that other players can access.
CrustyCollins

Postby CrustyCollins » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:35 pm

Thanks so much for all your answers and explanations!
I'm still mulling and a bit on the fence. Such a hard decision with the current 'one org' rule.

Maybe Nikki's new 'The Enablers' section sparks something in me. :)
Anyway, I really like the spirit of your org!

Return to “About The Enablers”